Windows 10: Windows 10 kiosk blocks applications in other windows account

Discus and support Windows 10 kiosk blocks applications in other windows account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HiI have configured multiapp kiosk in Windows 10 Account lets say "kiosk". Few details for clear understanding are as follows:1 OS: Windows 10 Pro2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sengreen, Jul 24, 2021.

1. sengreen Win User

Windows 10 kiosk blocks applications in other windows account

HiI have configured multiapp kiosk in Windows 10 Account lets say "kiosk". Few details for clear understanding are as follows:1 OS: Windows 10 Pro2 Version: 20043 Allowable application: Internet Explorer onlyNow the problem which I am facing with Kiosk Windows Account is that few applications like Google Chrome and Kaspersky antivirus has become disabled in other Non-Administrative Windows Accounts lets say "User". Upon clicking these apps a message appears "Blocked by administrator". The code which I injected successfully through Powershell is as follows: $nameSpaceNam

:)

sengreen, Jul 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 kiosk blocks applications in other windows account - Similar Threads - kiosk blocks applications

2. Exit kiosk mode with local account in windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exit kiosk mode with local account in windows 10 Pro: I tried to set up kiosk mode for my laptop to run WPF single app. Firstly, I turn on Shell Launcher in Turn Windows features on or off and run script in powershell with admin right to open my WPF app then restart device.After restart and login local account only this account...
  3. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hi,we setup a kiosk profile with Intune. On an English OS Windows 10 everything works as expected. The kiosk user is automatically signed-in. On a German OS the automatic sign-in does not work. We opened a case at the Intune support team ID#2212151420001148. They cloudn't...
  4. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hi,we setup a kiosk profile with Intune. On an English OS Windows 10 everything works as expected. The kiosk user is automatically signed-in. On a German OS the automatic sign-in does not work. We opened a case at the Intune support team ID#2212151420001148. They cloudn't...
  5. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Minimize windows 10 for kiosk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimize windows 10 for kiosk: Is there any application out there that helps to minimize windows such that it can help to quickly configure PC for demo/kiosk? The application would: 1. Turn off control panel, internet explorer, etc 2. Policies to remove links, minimize start menu 3. Enable uwf filter 4....
  7. Windows 10 Kiosk mode

Windows 10 Kiosk mode: Hello. can i run python script in kiosk mode? Normally it works. The scheduler starts it, as can be seen from the log, but the script does not work in kiosk mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kiosk-mode/1ed9b412-8975-4027-8056-212f0f5f9b99
  8. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hello We are trying to configure Windows 10 Kiosk Mode in a corporate environment. We would like it to be Domain joined and work as part of the domain using a service account in AD. We have already tried to configure this scenario and it hasn't worked for us so far. Can...
  9. Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10

Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10: I want to setup Kiosk mode in Windows 10 but Get Started button is not available and an account seem already configured without configuring it. I tried to select the account and click the Remove Kiosk, but nothing happen or its not working....
  10. Block other users on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block other users on Windows 10: I di not allow other users on my device. Block and delete all data how do I do this? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-other-users-on-windows-10/4f4804e4-5575-451f-b9cb-8df6ca0d820d"