Windows 10: Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone! So I recently(several months ago) found out that Windows 10 had a Kiosk mode. After evaluating it, we decided it would be perfect for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/drowningadmin, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue

Hello everyone! So I recently(several months ago) found out that Windows 10 had a Kiosk mode. After evaluating it, we decided it would be perfect for our digital signage. We are using an web solution that runs on Edge. We did a bunch of testing and everything was working great so we put a few into production and they continued to perform perfectly. The plan was to replace all of our current digital signage which would save us a great deal in licensing costs.

Fast forward to last week. The department that handles purchasing for the displays orders 8 4k displays. We've never had 4k for signage before. The default settings for resolution and DPI under the kiosk account do not work. It is displaying at at least 150 DPI or 300 DPI depending on the resolution of the computer.

Normally I would resolve this with a group policy that would force these settings, but I can't do that because the kiosk user, by design, is not a domain user. I've been able to successfully change these settings in the registry under the kiosk user, but that solution is not sustainable and models and brands will consistently change as we move forward. The only thing we can be sure of is that all new displays will be 4K.

Has anyone else run into this? Has anyone been able to script around it via VB or Powershell? Group Policy. Any other suggesions? Thanks to you all in advance!

submitted by /u/drowningadmin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/drowningadmin, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    DPI Scaling issue

Hi,

This can be caused by the changes made on your device. We'd like to know some information to help us isolate the cause of the issue and provide a resolution suited to your concern:

• Were there any changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Is it only happening to Spotify or Discord app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps done by the live support?

In the meantime, you can check this article and see if the troubleshooting steps provided will work
    to help you resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue

Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue

1. Windows 10 Kiosk Resolution/DPI Issue - Similar Threads - Kiosk Resolution DPI

2. dpi external mouse issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dpi external mouse issue: so around 2 months ago i started having issues with my mouse speed/dpi and nothing i have done has fixed the problems, its hardware not software that's the issue, I've reset my pc many times, tried different ports, mice. nothing has helped. anyone have a solution or know...
  3. Windows Kiosk issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Kiosk issue: Hello everybody, We have got small IoT device with Win10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (Version 1809 OS Build 17763.1697). We want use it for Kiosk but there is no options to activate it. In Settings -> Accounts we don't have any options: [img] When I type kiosk in search bar it's...
  4. Kiosk mode issue!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kiosk mode issue!: Hi, I have been trying to use the Kiosk mode on my surface pro4, but each time I restart my machine, my system enters the kiosk mode and tries to open up Edge Browser as I have selected the same to be the default APP while running in kiosk mode, but enters a loop trying to...
  5. Issues with high DPI and iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with high DPI and iTunes: Hi, Is there anything I can do to alleviate some of the visual issues I am getting with iTunes and a few other programs like Chrome where text and fonts are appearing blurred, bleached out or only partially visible. The text is unreadable for any one or a combination of...
  6. DPI changing with resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPI changing with resolution: For a long time I've used the same 1920 by 1080 resolution on my Windows PC. Recently however, I bought a new monitor which had a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I noticed that my cursor moved relatively slower after the switch, and I know that higher resolutions make your DPI...
  7. Change the dpi resolution to 300 - Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the dpi resolution to 300 - Paint 3D: I need to change the dpi on a cover for a book. I need to raise it from 270 to 300. I have seen tutorials which show how to do this, but all involve opening two separate windows and copying. I cannot find any way to do this on Paint 3d. There is no help function to ask. Any...
  8. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor: I've got a 32inch monitor, using Windows10. I'm unable to reduce app size and content to less than 100% scaling. Apps are huge and take up lots of real estate on the screen but I am unable to make smaller. Windows 10 version does not let you adjust below 100% Unable to...
  9. Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 kiosk mode issue: When I try to log in to the kiosk-user the screen gets locked automatically.I have set this mode for my own app. I think this issue isn’t due to my app, because I tested it on another app and the issue is still there...
  10. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kiosk mode win10 screen resolution

2. How to change the resolution of kiosk mode windows 10

3. windows 10 kiosk mode scaling

4. changing dpi in kiosk mode