Windows 10: Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser

Discus and support Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use the Windows Configuration Designer to set up a Kiosk. This Kiosk should auto sign in with credentials and go right to Chrome in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaGilreath, May 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser

I am trying to use the Windows Configuration Designer to set up a Kiosk. This Kiosk should auto sign in with credentials and go right to Chrome in "-kiosk" mode with access to only Specific WebSites and not able to exit to desktop. I so far have everything but the opening of chrome on boot in Fullscreen "Not able to close or minimize". I want the install Technician to be able to plug in the USB on first boot of factory image and settings in the package applied without having to pre-place items. There should also be away to sign in to the local admin that is setup to apply any new packages locally. Is this even possible?

WIndows 10 1903

No CD drive

One screen

Only access to Internet

- Joshua

:)

JoshuaGilreath, May 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only IE/Chrome Browser

Charlie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I would like for it to open in chrome. The original plan was using Windows 10 in Kiosk mode and automatically open the chrome browser. But I found out that Windows 10 assigned access does not allow browsers to be used.
    So I am trying to find away to get the browser to work in Windows 10 kiosk mode and not in a browser kisok mode.

Thanks.

Andre

DRE-ITSPEC, May 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only IE/Chrome Browser

Alright, I run a few applications on actually kiosks that we run like this:

Right-click on Chrome, and create a shortcut.

Right click on that shortcut, and go to properties

In the "Target" field, add " --kiosk " to the end

Click "Apply."

Navigate to here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Drop the shortcut there, then reboot. Chrome should launch full screen right after you log in. Again, after reading what you mentioned, this probably isn’t the path you want to take.

Let me know, and I’ll try to do some digging on Win 10 Kiosk Mode.

- C

Charlie Klausen, May 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser

Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only IE/Chrome Browser

Hello,

I have set up Windows 10 to work in kiosk mode. But I need it to only use a web browser. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Andre

DRE-ITSPEC, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser

1. Windows 10 KIOSK setup with only Chrome Browser - Similar Threads - KIOSK setup Chrome

2. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  3. Kiosk Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kiosk Setup: Hi all, I am looking to set up two computers that public visitors can use to simply fill out an online application we use. So I want them to be able to just walk up and use the edge browser to do so.I've never used kiosk mode before, and to be perfectly honest, didn't even...
  4. Kiosk setup with unique URL

Kiosk setup with unique URL: Hi all,I have a requirement to setup 100 kiosk devices and we need to manage application's URL remotely. All the kiosk URLs are unique i.e we should be able to manage 100 URLs remotely and it must be targeted to respective device. We can use Intune to create kiosk...
  5. Kiosk mode setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk mode setup: So, the title doesn't describe the complete situation. Here's the breakdown of what I want to do, what I have tried and what haven't worked. [WANT]: I am trying to have a single app kiosk mode on windows. Have a touchscreen monitor, and want to run a website for sign-in's....
  6. Kiosk setup Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk setup Help: I am trying to change the default kiosk app from Edge to IE. I am not trying to use the user account that i am logged in to be on kiosk mode rather I am trying to use the local account (through Users/Set up a kiosk). When I create a new local account for kiosk and give it a...
  7. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser: Hi. I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL to my company's server. Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop,...
  8. Chrome browser on Windows 10

Chrome browser on Windows 10: How do I download and launch the Chrome browser on my new Microsoft Surface Go computer? The computer only offers Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-on-windows-10/2b2e88cd-e031-41b2-85fc-e2235f39ca93
  9. Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Kiosk setup for internet explorer: How do I set up a kiosk account in windows 10 to open in a specific link in internet explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kiosk-setup-for-internet-explorer/fc59876d-62e9-45ef-805f-ba6eec9742e9
  10. Video stutters in Chrome Browser Only

in Browsers and Email
    Video stutters in Chrome Browser Only: I searched and found several threads on computers stuttering during video, but nothing that addresses my issue. When playing Netflix, Amazon or any online video, I get a random stutter that causes the video appear to skip. This issue only occurs while using Chrome. No issues...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows configuration designer kiosk chrome with extension