Windows 10: Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys when accessing SMB admin shares

Discus and support Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys when accessing SMB admin shares in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran into an issue, would like to know if anyone else ever had this: Multiple Windows 10 1803 PCs throw a BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aut.pino, Sep 14, 2018.

1. aut.pino Win User

Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys when accessing SMB admin shares

I ran into an issue, would like to know if anyone else ever had this:

Multiple Windows 10 1803 PCs throw a BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys) when trying to access certain folders ("\\SOMEPC\c$\Users", "\\SOMEPC\c$\Program Files" ..) remotely via the SMB admin shares. Accessing just "\\SOMEPC\c$" works without issues.

All PCs are joined to a 2008r2 domain, the issue does not seem to depend from what PC the share is accessed.

Here's the bluescreenview overview:
    ==================================================
    Dump File : ############.dmp
    Crash Time : ###########
    Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
    Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff80b`34a5e8d5
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000004
    Caused By Driver : srv2.sys
    Caused By Address : srv2.sys+5e8d5
    File Description : Smb 2.0-Servertreiber
    Product Name : Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.17134.280 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1a9380
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\#############.dmp
    Processors Count : 4
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 17134
    Dump File Size : 989 044
    Dump File Time : #######################
    ==================================================

:)

aut.pino, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Glubbish. Win User

problem accessing smb shares from windows 10

With network discovery on, my ubuntu machine is found (named kodi).

If I check on kodi in the network section of file explorer, it shows my shares.

If I doubleclick on one of the shares, a slow green line crosses the top of the screen and eventually gives the 0x800704cf

If I dont touch this popup, then I can access the share normally.

If I cancel or diagnose (which finds nothing) it is not available.

However if I enter \\ip-address at the top of file explorer it finds the shares and they are immediately accessible.

Also if I turn network discovery off, and type \\kodi at the top of file explorer, it works just like using the IP address

I figure this has something to do with dns, but cannot get network discovery to work properly

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Its only been an issue since the upgrade to windows 10.

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Network Adapter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

The issue persists following method 1.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Extend Network adapters driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Network driver and click on Update driver Software.

Method 2 shows that the driver is up to date.

Glubbish., Sep 14, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
  4. DTG1 Win User

Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys when accessing SMB admin shares

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, driver srv2.sys when accessing SMB admin shares - Similar Threads - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED driver srv2

2. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  3. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  6. Check what credentials is windows sending when accessing an SMB share?

Check what credentials is windows sending when accessing an SMB share?: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  7. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  8. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  9. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937
  10. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. srv2.sys 5e8d5

2. windows 10 kmode_exception_not_handled acpi.sys

3. windows 10 1803 BSOD SMB

4. windows 10 1803 kmode exception not handled