Windows 10: Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??

Discus and support Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, so I'm coming with an important question. So I activated my Windows 10 with a KMS key, now windows keeps informating me to active windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gamikos, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Gamikos Win User

Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??

Hello, so I'm coming with an important question.

So I activated my Windows 10 with a KMS key, now windows keeps informating me to active windows.

What will happen if I don't active windows, will my windows be blocked or will the watermark pop up and some options will not be available?

Windows Version 1903

:)

Gamikos, Jun 15, 2020
  2. dj44 Win User

kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?

A couple of weeks ago, my laptop (windows 10 professional) started to give me a pop-up message that I have not seen in the 6 months that I've had it. "Your Windows License is Expiring Soon".

I did some digging around using slmgr and apparently the license on this Windows 10 expires in 2 days on April 20th. Now I have no experience with anything like this so I don't know what it means, what will happen on the 20th or what to do about it.

Under the activation tab in settings, it says, "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I bought this laptop used back in October of last year (2016) and it has been great. So over the last week or so, I guess I have figured out that this laptop must have a KMS license that I don't know anything about. I checked around online using Google, etc...and all I can find is something about a slmgr rearm count which I looked at and mine said 1001 so I tried that, and it dropped down to 1000 but nothing changed and I still get the warning and the date of the 20th still shows up.

So my questions are: 1. What can I or should I do about this? and 2. What will happen on the 20th when it expires?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

3. Ernie San Win User
    Your Windows licence will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings.

Hello Paula,

To resolve the issue with the error message Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings,
    we suggest checking Rakesh's post on this
    link
    . If your Operating System is already Window 10, and you'll only updating your Operating System there's no fee for that. To ensure that your license has no issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Rakesh's on his post.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??

kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?

It could have, at one time, been an actual legal KMS activation by that companies KMS server. Then sold without removing the company installed OS before hand. Happens when a company goes belly up and the IT guy (if there is one) has no more interest in what's going on. Without access to that companies KMS server activation times out and fails to reactivate. Nothing shady about it other than it shouldn't have been sold without wiping the OS first. They get lazy and just do a reset.

If it was a cheat, we likely wouldn't be having this conversation as it would still be illegally activated. Unless your antivirus actually did flag something already and quarantine it. *Wink

alphanumeric, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen??

1. Windows 10 KMS activation expires soon, what will happen?? - Similar Threads - KMS activation expires

2. Windows 10 activation expires soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation expires soon: HiRecently i updated my window 10 version to 20h2 after that i keep receiving a message saying windows 10 activation expires soon I bought my laptop 2 years ago and the windows was activated Now after updating to 20h2 i checked the settings and it shows windows is activated...
  3. Windows 10 soon to expire

Windows 10 soon to expire: My computer has started to show a message saying that windows 10 will soon expire and directing me to settings where I can update the product key. I bought my laptop via amazon - it is reconditioned and included windows 10 pro. It has worked well for several months. In...
  4. windows activation license will expire soon

windows activation license will expire soon: i have a dell inspiron 5567 for almost three years and today i got a massage every time i open the device say windows activation license will expire soon side note: i got windows 10 pro pre installed on my computer and i never installed any other copy...
  5. Window 10 will expire soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 will expire soon: The computer is store bought. Strictly OEM windows version. Why do I have a message stating the Window 10 will expire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-will-expire-soon/31fe94e6-2fd2-447a-a01e-b9f69d3a1c7e
  6. Windows 10 is activated, but warns that license will expire soon

Windows 10 is activated, but warns that license will expire soon: I have not used my Lenovo ideapad for some time, and when I fired it up this morning I received a message saying that my windows 10 license will expire soon, and directing me to the activation page in settings. I bought this computer with windows 10 installed, and it has...
  7. windows activation expiring soon error

windows activation expiring soon error: I keep getting a windows error message saying my licence for windows 10 pro is expiring soon,which is wrong as ive checked and its definatly activated according to get help section and windows have verified it . Any ideas how to remove the error, I have had to reinstall...
  8. activation expire soon massege

activation expire soon massege: my computer activation was made by the computer authority. today a message show that "the windows activation date expire soon". for this reason I entered the product key. but didn't stopped showing this message. what can I do. pls help me....
  9. Activation Key Expiring Soon

Activation Key Expiring Soon: Could someone please tell me how to reactive my windows 10 key when I don't have a code? I bought the laptop second hand with windows 10 pro already installed, but now I keep getting messages saying that my activation key will expire soon. Not sure what to do. Thanks...
  10. kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?

kms license expiring - what to do and what will happen?: A couple of weeks ago, my laptop (windows 10 professional) started to give me a pop-up message that I have not seen in the 6 months that I've had it. "Your Windows License is Expiring Soon". I did some digging around using slmgr and apparently the license on this Windows...