Windows 10: Windows 10 Lacking Theme Customisation Options...

Discus and support Windows 10 Lacking Theme Customisation Options... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I went to personalisation, then to themes, theme settings and have found my old windows 8.1 custom themes, I click on them, expecting them to open up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jericho704, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Lacking Theme Customisation Options...

I went to personalisation, then to themes, theme settings and have found my old windows 8.1 custom themes, I click on them, expecting them to open up, and nothing happens, in windows 8 and 8.1 you could specify a target folder and further select what photos you want to be in the theme in that folder.

Also...

Windows 8 had the option of making the slideshow change every 10, 30 seconds, 1,5 and 10 mins and so on..
    But windows 10 simply has 1 min and above... how about if we want faster slideshows?

I have found out that my old windows 8 slideshows still change at the speed that it was saved with.
    I hope that Microsoft hasn't stepped back in theme customisation...

Thanks *Smile

:)

Jericho704, Aug 6, 2015

2. Dark Them for Windows 10

I see that there are many Windows users having the same issues with lack of customisation on the windows 10 platform. Personally, I find it dark theme much better for my eyes when in front of the computer for long periods of time. I am wondering if Microsoft
    are planning to add this feature in the future or at least give us the customisation ability to do it ourselves.

Cheers./

KullainFish, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Dark Them for Windows 10

Hi Smittychat and thanks for the reply. I am aware of the high contrast option and I'm using on at the moment. But to be honest it's not that attractive. I like the simple elegance of Windows 10 and feel the option to customise it to your own needs would
    be useful. Just a suggestion.

Regards

KullainFish, Aug 6, 2015
  4. shniks Win User

Windows 10 Lacking Theme Customisation Options...

I am having the same issue. I wish they would bring back the theme customisation options we had in previous versions, in particular the faster slideshow timing, and the ability to choose which image to use as the background from the themes I downloaded from the website.

shniks, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  6. DTG1 Win User
    I have to say, with the "ONE OS FITS ALL" crap, we desktop users got screwed over again. MS removed and changed a lot of customization to accommodate pads and phones, a repeat of windows 8. This means desktop users will have to waste resources to run other programs to do our customizing for us. The other option is to increase your registry-hackfu.

DTG1, Aug 8, 2015
  7. windowz Win User
    I have to agree here. What happend to the colour picker that used to be in windows 8 / 8.1?

windowz, Aug 8, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Is this what you mean .... Start , Settings , Personalization , Background ( Slideshow ) , Choose an albums for your Slideshow , Change picture every >>> ?

sn00ker, Aug 8, 2015
  9. DTG1 Win User
    The slide show doesnt allow sub-folders images. All images have to be in 1 top- level folder.

DTG1, Aug 8, 2015
  10. wiretap Win User
    Open up the run dialogue and type in "control color" and run.

wiretap, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Thanks wiretap, i did not know this, mind you ive never used Win 8 or 8.1

JohnMarchant, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Hunnytree Win User
    EXACTLY! That, for me, is the customization piece that is missing. It used to be at the bottom of the screen once you selected the theme you wanted. You could change it very frequently or once every day....which happened to be my own personal standard. No can do anymore ---- the options aren't listed at all. Not that I can see anyway.

Hunnytree, Aug 19, 2015
  13. Hunnytree Win User

EXACTLY! That, for me, is the customization piece that is missing. It used to be at the bottom of the screen once you selected the theme you wanted. You could change it very frequently or once every day....which happened to be my own personal standard. No can do anymore ---- the options aren't listed at all. Not that I can see anyway.

Hunnytree, Aug 19, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Hi guys,
    Check out this tutorial from @Brink:

How to Add or Remove 'Personalize (classic)' context menu in Windows 10
    Is this what you're looking for. Shawn works really hard, to find, and collect information, as to where the "hidden" stuff, that might be still left in Windows is, and post BAT or VBS files to make it easier for us to turn on/get to. If it's what you're looking for don't forget to rep him*Smile.

Cliff S, Aug 19, 2015
  15. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lacking Theme Customisation Options... - Similar Threads - Lacking Theme Customisation

2. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  3. Lack of auto brightness off option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of auto brightness off option: Hi, I try to off auto brightness option, and I haven't "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes” option. How can I off this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-auto-brightness-off-option/74cc6708-aab1-402a-b10e-19011300fb3a
  4. Windows 10 Lacking Power Options: Only Balanced available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lacking Power Options: Only Balanced available: Hey, I've been trying to fix this issue already since some days ago. Back then, before I clicked on "Reset this PC", I had every power option available from balance to ultimate performance. Now I only see Balanced option and it's lacking some advanced power settings. I've...
  5. Lack of Video Creation Options in Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of Video Creation Options in Photos?: I got a new laptop, and though I added Microsoft 365, I do not have the option to create a video project when I open a video file in photos as I did on my previous device. What is required to edit videos?...
  6. Customising theme packs in Windows 10 Pro

Customising theme packs in Windows 10 Pro: Hi I have been trying to customize some theme packs I downloaded recently. If you don't understand, windows had a feature in personalisation where you could choose which pictures from your theme are to be included in the slideshow of your desktop background. Apparently...
  7. Windows 10 Customisation

Windows 10 Customisation: Hi Guys, I was wondering if you can provide me with the GUIDs for the following Control Panel applets (Category view): [ATTACH] Looking forward to your advice / assistance. Regards, Andrew...
  8. Customisation

Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  9. Thoughts on win10 customisation options?

Thoughts on win10 customisation options?: I distinctly remember being able to alter not just the sound scheme, cursors, and background on my earlier windows systems (Win98SE in this case) but also the fonts, default icons and border/window colours. Think M$ should get their head out of their proverbial behinds and...
  10. Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable

Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable: Hey folks, I used to be able to customise windows 10 tiles, however, now the tiles are not customisable. I cannot drag/move the tiles around, resize, uninstall, etc. Here is a screenshot for better understanding of the problem. For this instance, when you right click...