Windows 10: Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network

Discus and support Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue with windows 10 where when playing games i have minor lags spikes which is becoming a nuisance. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisFord9, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing an issue with windows 10 where when playing games i have minor lags spikes which is becoming a nuisance. This is usually resolve when i go: Settings-> Network & internet -> Network Reset. Although this isn't the long term solution as it becomes annoying waiting 5 minutes each time i turn on my PC.

Once the PC has restarted, i don't have this issue any further.

I've checked my device manager, and have no corruption errors. I have also ensured my windows 10 update version is the most recent which is update to Windows 10, version 1803. All my drivers are presently updated as well but unable to identify the problem.

Specification for the PC is below:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz

RAM Installed: 16gb

OS: Windows 10 Home, version 1803, 64-bit operating system.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Network Adaptors:

Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network 2fe74308-b6f6-4f41-8c0d-993fb0601eae?upload=true.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

:)

ChrisFord9, Dec 3, 2018

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Sandi1987 Win User

Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network

Windows 10 games lagging

I had minimal FPS around 20 and average around 30-40 FPS in Metro: Last Light Redux. All newer games lagging (DiRT 4...). I have GeForce GTX 970 and Intel Core i5. Is this because Windows 10? In CS:GO i don't have this problem. GTA 5 also works normally but many other new games lagging.

Sandi1987, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network

1. Windows 10 - Lag in game until reset network - Similar Threads - Lag game until

2. Windows 10 KB5028166 issues; games lag, broken enterprise network

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5028166 issues; games lag, broken enterprise network: Microsoft’s string of botched-up Windows Updates is not coming to an end. KB5028166, the latest update for Windows 10, is causing headaches for enterprises and users. This update is causing network issues for many users in the enterprise, and Microsoft is reportedly aware of...
  3. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  4. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  5. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...: I have a Windows 10 computer that is not visible on my network after a recent Windows 10 update. I am able to actually connect to the computer by manually typing in the computer name in windows explorer or clicking on a pre-existing quick access link, however. I have checked...
  6. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...: I have a Windows 10 computer that is not visible on my network after a recent Windows 10 update. I am able to actually connect to the computer by manually typing in the computer name in windows explorer or clicking on a pre-existing quick access link, however. I have checked...
  7. Windows 10 Computer Not Visible on Network and Network Reset Only Fixes the Issue Until the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 games lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 games lagging: Hello, recently I had to reinstall my windows 10 because it was stuttering very hard, I installed simple games, like beat cop, flashing lights, emergency call 112 etc.. and when I enter one of these games, it's starts stuttering so hard, and low fps around 1-2 FPS, I have a...
  9. Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.: Hey so I've been having this problem for a while and I've tried lots of things to try and fix it which none of them have worked. Clean installed windows twice Reinstalled through a flash drive Tried different Ram and Graphics cards I don't believe it is a hardware problem...
  10. Windows 10 lags games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lags games: Hi, I updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now i have low fps in every game, even in minecraft. Is it normal when every game laags. Before i had 60+ fps in gtav but now i have 40-30 fps. What can i do to fix this lag...