Windows 10: Windows 10 lag Issues in games

Discus and support Windows 10 lag Issues in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I read about this somewhere not so long back it's a coding error or something, WU takes up a huge amount more than it should. Interferes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cj87, Jul 30, 2015.

1. histfic55 Win User

Windows 10 lag Issues in games

ok, thanks

histfic55, Sep 2, 2015
  2. histfic55 Win User

It says "updates will be istalled and updated automatically". This statement can't be changed. All I could do was take it off auto restart and change that to "prompt before restart". I didn't see anywhere in the update settings where I could turn anything off except "other PCs".

One other observation. My pc really "winds up" sometimes when I've got the Quake window running. Sounds like your car when you step on the accelerator while in park. This doesn't happen all the time. When I close the Quake window, the PC becomes nice an quiet again. While Quake is up and running, I checked task manager and didn't see anything using up a lot of RAM or CPU usage. strange

histfic55, Sep 2, 2015
  3. mrpumpkin Win User
    Would not hurt to try turning off the torrent like update feature. Updates/advanced/choose how you receive updates>toggle off receive updates from more than one place.

mrpumpkin, Sep 2, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

That Quake sound thing sounds like a bug I encountered in there in Windows XP I'm sure it was a game setting that fixed it in the .cfg file.. You may still find it in google-land somewhere...

Long time ago, First thing to try is backing up your cfg file by moving it to a new folder on yr desktop. Thus allowing Quake to make a new one. Then tune it up again in settings and however you like your cfg. Then check sound drivers etc.

If it doesn't work overwrite with your backed up cfg file to put it all back.

Well used to work in QIII Arena.. Not sure how Quake was manipulated. *Smile

SoxmisUK, Sep 2, 2015
  5. mrpumpkin Win User
    I think the sound he is talking about is the fan is running full throttle because the CPU knows he is going for the bridge to rail jump. *Wink

mrpumpkin, Sep 2, 2015
  6. If you have an older motherboard, there may not be new Windows 10 drivers for your network hardware. Don't forget, Windows 10 loads generic stuff. Go to your motherboard manufacturer's web site and see if they have new drivers for the network stuff and any others as well.

OldGuyGeek, Sep 2, 2015
  7. If you're 100% sure it's network related you could try:
    • Turn off automatic updates for the OS itself and the Windows Store.
    • Disable QoS, specifically, QoS Reserved Bandwidth.
    • Disable Background Metro/Modern Apps.
    More info: SG :: Windows 8, 10, 2012 Server TCP/IP Tweaks.

Also, I'm sure everyone would like to know what the root cause is and what the fix is. Please let us know what fixes the issue for you. Thx.

nosecureboot, Sep 2, 2015
  8. SoxmisUK Win User

Haha I was a QIIIA man so I remember DM17. *Smile

SoxmisUK, Sep 2, 2015
  9. histfic55 Win User
    Right, I had already done this, but didn't help the lag/packet loss problem.

histfic55, Sep 2, 2015
  10. SoxmisUK Win User
    Sometimes switching off the router for a few minutes makes the difference, you may be assigned a new IP.

SoxmisUK, Sep 2, 2015
  11. mrpumpkin Win User
    cl_packetdup 0 is in the config? I may have to install and see. It's been awhile. Is Punkbuster still a thing?

mrpumpkin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 lag Issues in games - Similar Threads - lag Issues games

2. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  3. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  4. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  5. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  6. Windows 10 games lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 games lagging: Hello, recently I had to reinstall my windows 10 because it was stuttering very hard, I installed simple games, like beat cop, flashing lights, emergency call 112 etc.. and when I enter one of these games, it's starts stuttering so hard, and low fps around 1-2 FPS, I have a...
  7. lagging issue Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lagging issue Window 10: I have multiple system in my firm with preinstall Window 10 Pro,from last 3 weeks i am facing lagging issue in my window 10 Pro (Version 1803 (Build 17134.829). most of the time windows got Hanged & i am not able to do anything ,so i hard reboot my system every time when i...
  8. Windows 10 lags games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lags games: Hi, I updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now i have low fps in every game, even in minecraft. Is it normal when every game laags. Before i had 60+ fps in gtav but now i have 40-30 fps. What can i do to fix this lag...
  9. online game lag issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    online game lag issues: I am using android emulater game (tencent buddy pubg ) is over lag on do not play game. then speed of internet using.what i do how to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/online-game-lag-issues/339ab9eb-6d2d-43c2-9af4-86775ac8dbda
  10. Lagging issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging issues in Windows 10: My sister was using this laptop for a while when her dad bought it from work. Now, she let me have it because she doesn't need it that much. The laptop is decent, as far as performance goes, but the only problem with it is that Windows stutters every 1-5 seconds most of the...