Windows 10: Windows 10 Lag on Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 Lag on Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had my windows 10 pc for about a month now but every since a few days ago I've been getting some awful lag. When I start up my computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CreamedNut, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Lag on Startup

I've had my windows 10 pc for about a month now but every since a few days ago I've been getting some awful lag. When I start up my computer the password box wouldn't show up at all and clicking the mouse wouldn't do anything. I would have to wait around 5 minutes for the screen to black out before being able to enter my password.

Even then when the box came up, the keys wouldn't respond and it would take a few minutes for it to start up. I've tried having it in sleep mode so I can just click the mouse and have all my tabs already there, but doing that would have my pc randomly turn on and lag a ton.

The only explanation I can think of is when I was looking around the web for some old PS2 roms and found this site I used before. It lagged for a bit so I clicked the download link a few times before they all started downloading to my computer and my antivirus removed them because of the threat of malware. I did a full system scan and found no threats.

Any advice on the steps I should take?

:)

CreamedNut, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Windows 10 Lag on Startup

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Lag on Startup

1. Windows 10 Lag on Startup - Similar Threads - Lag Startup

2. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  3. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  4. Windows 11 slow startup and lags right after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow startup and lags right after startup: Hi,Actually lm facing exactly same issue as described here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-slow-startup-and-lags-right-after/36bd764b-a1bf-4002-a789-a5b15283c318Tried the fix's recommended on that ticket, not solved the issue.Did malware test,...
  5. Windows 11 slow startup and lags right after startup

Windows 11 slow startup and lags right after startup: Hi,Actually lm facing exactly same issue as described here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-slow-startup-and-lags-right-after/36bd764b-a1bf-4002-a789-a5b15283c318Tried the fix's recommended on that ticket, not solved the issue.Did malware test,...
  6. 50 strange apps listed in my startup, Lag in typing on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50 strange apps listed in my startup, Lag in typing on the keyboard.: I have about 50 strange apps listed in my startup. My computer is running slow and has a lag in typing on the keyboard. I have an HP laptop with 16 ram and 1 TB hard drive. My drive is about half full. These apps do not list in the apps unistall in settings....
  7. 50 strange apps listed in my startup, Lag in typing on the keyboard.

50 strange apps listed in my startup, Lag in typing on the keyboard.: I have about 50 strange apps listed in my startup. My computer is running slow and has a lag in typing on the keyboard. I have an HP laptop with 16 ram and 1 TB hard drive. My drive is about half full. These apps do not list in the apps unistall in settings....
  8. Windows lagging, but only on some startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lagging, but only on some startups: I understand that this is a terribly general question, but I have no idea how to even approach the problem so I'm hoping for people to point me in the right direction. Sometimes, when I start my computer, the Windows UI noticeably stutters and lags; when I pop out / close the...
  9. Windows lagging, but only on some startups

Windows lagging, but only on some startups: I understand that this is a terribly general question, but I have no idea how to even approach the problem so I'm hoping for people to point me in the right direction. Sometimes, when I start my computer, the Windows UI noticeably stutters and lags; when I pop out / close the...
  10. Windows lagging, but only on some startups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging