Windows 10: Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Recently i bought a Kingstone A400 SSD with 480GB to upgrade my old 120 GB one. I cloned my old ssd with EaseUS TODO tool and everything worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DragosBarbuRo, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD

Hello! Recently i bought a Kingstone A400 SSD with 480GB to upgrade my old 120 GB one. I cloned my old ssd with EaseUS TODO tool and everything worked well. After i managed to clone it, I took the old ssd out and put the new one on its place. Since then, windows started to freeze a lot, booting takes way too long. I tried to reinstall windows 10 with the windows tool, keeping my old files and apps. The problem wasnt solved tho. Trim is enabled and the ssd is in ahci mode. Running AS SSD benchmark, I get a score of 257 which is pretty low for it. Anyone got any idea of what's going on?

:)

DragosBarbuRo, Dec 22, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-notebook-portable,1913-3.html

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Dec 22, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD

Andre Da Costa, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD

1. Windows 10 lagging after cloning SSD - Similar Threads - lagging cloning SSD

2. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD after trying to clone SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD after trying to clone SSD.: Computer model: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxx This all started when I tried to clone this current 256gb m.2 ssd to a new 1tb m.2 drive via macrium reflect. However the minute I pressed start clone the computer bsod and has been doing so ever since. The computer works...
  4. Reinstall windows 10 after cloning to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 after cloning to SSD: So I recently bought an M.2 SSD and cloned Windows 10 from my HDD to the SSD but I'm not quite happy with the PC's performance yet. How should I go about reinstalling Windows 10 to the SSD? I've already made the USB Windows 10 bootable drive. submitted by /u/WuMethNRed...
  5. Windows 10 frequently hanging after cloning to an SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 frequently hanging after cloning to an SSD.: My build is randomly hanging every now and then, and I am forced to wait normally 10-15 seconds before I can do anything. This has only happened since I installed a new SSD: the Kingston A400 480GB. It isn't a full freeze: I can move my mouse about and sometimes right click....
  6. Activation after clone to SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after clone to SSD?: Sorry if this has been covered. laptop has Win 10 that was an free upgrade from Windows 7. If I clone to SSD will activation remain? I know if hardware changes will be an issue. I will backup key just in case, not sure it is needed. later hopefully a fresh install. I...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after clone to SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 won't boot after clone to SSD: Hi, I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, and installed an SSD in the computer's m.2 port. I then cloned the existing HD to the SSD, changed the SSD to the default boot in BIOS, and then re-formatted the HD. Everything worked fine for the first few days - I...
  8. Clone ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone ssd: Hi all if I want to install a 500gb ssd can I clone my 120 ssd to it. Its not my c drive its the g drive I just need more room for games I will be giving the old ssd to my son to make a boot drive 67592
  9. SSD Clone to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Clone to SSD: Hey, I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and start up the same computer with the SSD switched windows will not load and it gives me the standard missing required files to...
  10. Cloning to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning to SSD: First question here on 10 forum but used 7 forum lots. Anyway I am trying to clone the HDD? reduced partion to 450GB so as to be less than theSSD on my laptop. Trying to clone to a Samsung EVO 850 500GB. I have used the Samsung migration software and a version of EaseUS both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kingston a400 480gb lagging

2. windiows 10 lagging after 1903