Windows 10: Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms

Discus and support Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://youtu.be/_WJsg_gpTtA I started to notice the issue shown in the video link above less than a month ago. The performance of the computer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kranthi KiranKK, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms

https://youtu.be/_WJsg_gpTtA

I started to notice the issue shown in the video link above less than a month ago. The performance of the computer in applications seems to be fine.

However, button clicks open blank unpopulated and empty windows and there is a delay between when i click on an icon and when it gets highlighted. There is also a delay when i open new windows and it doesn't get populated until i right click on the blank window (which also doesn't necessarily work).

The issue seems to go away sometimes when i restart the computer but its still existent most of the time. I tried rolling back to previous windows 10 versions and that didn't do the trick either. Another weird thing i observed was, when i start a screen recorder (which i downloaded to show the issue in the first place), everything works perfectly fine and none of the problems are there during the recording. However, when i stop the recording, the problems come back. If someone has a solution to fix this, that would be really great as its been causing a lot of disruptions with my work lately.

This problem also extends to when i open try typing up word documents , there is lag between the mouse click and the cursor in word starting at that position. This issue also extends to applications where i try to open files through a window (like the open file in applications), the window turns up empty (completely blank besides the window borders and nothing populated).

I know for a fact that my mouse and keyboard don't have an issue as they work well within applications (games or ide's or chrome for example) and when i'm typing elsewhere (like this post for example).

Please help out with a solution if you've got one as this is proving to be very disruptive.

:)

Kranthi KiranKK, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms

1. Windows 10 lagging issue (Computer is working fine in terms - Similar Threads - lagging issue Computer

2. Camera lags with Zoom, but works fine with Google Meets.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera lags with Zoom, but works fine with Google Meets.: When I try to use my camera in a Zoom conference there is a significant lag in the video. However, it works fine using Google Meets with the same number of participants. I need Zoom to work. Any suggestions?...
  3. Camera lags with Zoom, but works fine with Google Meets.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera lags with Zoom, but works fine with Google Meets.: When I try to use my camera in a Zoom conference there is a significant lag in the video. However, it works fine using Google Meets with the same number of participants. I need Zoom to work. Any suggestions?...
  4. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  5. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  6. Windows 10 Lag issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Lag issue: Hello! I'm Gihan. And I'm experiencing Alot Of lag On My Windows 10 Laptop Recently,It was working Just fine.But I Actually Don't Know What Happened!I Cleaned 15GB From My C: Download File! and Ran an Anti-Virus but Still None of Them Worked!I Also Tried this in The Command...
  7. Long-term Computer Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long-term Computer Freezing Issue: For years, I have been having an issue where my computer freezes, usually while gaming there has been 1 or 2 times where it froze on my home screen while I was afk. It freezes on the screen that it was on meaning it does not blue screen, and if there was a sound it repeats...
  8. Massive lag and computer issues.

Massive lag and computer issues.: About a month or so ago my computer started lagging. Nothing happened, just randomly started. It was so bad that I couldn't even watch Youtube videos or talk with my friends. Even the windows sounds lag when I bring up the control panel. Since then I tried scanning with...
  9. Computer lagging and latency issues

Computer lagging and latency issues: Hi everyone, I'm going to preface this by saying I know enough about technology for the easy day to day problems but I am in over my head with this one. Over the past few days, I've been struggling with my laptop practically brand new, maybe two months old? lagging and...
  10. lagging issue Window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lagging issue Window 10: I have multiple system in my firm with preinstall Window 10 Pro,from last 3 weeks i am facing lagging issue in my window 10 Pro (Version 1803 (Build 17134.829). most of the time windows got Hanged & i am not able to do anything ,so i hard reboot my system every time when i...