Windows 10: Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a problem for quite some time now. Some times I have noticed my PC randomly gets laggy after waking it from a sleep. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hunterKressler, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

Hello, I have been having a problem for quite some time now. Some times I have noticed my PC randomly gets laggy after waking it from a sleep. I have the PC set to never go to sleep now and just the monitor to sleep. When I wake the display the mouse movement seems normal then starts to lag, videos load, but they are laggy, I can't shutdown or restart the PC. I have to do those things manually when this happens. I uninstalled the monitor and let it install a generic PIP monitor driver. That did not fix it. I've ran sfc /scannow and that didn't help. I've tried many different things and nothing seems to work. I don't really know for sure if it's the monitor going to sleep or not. This is a very annoying issue and I don't like having to turn it off completely with the power button all the time when this happens. I have gotten BSOD with the driver power state failure as well. I can't figure out what device would be causing that either. Any sort of help would be appreciated! Thank you.

:)

hunterKressler, Oct 31, 2020

2. Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, Oct 31, 2020
  3. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then
    goes back to sleep.

Any suggestions? Using Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

thanks

cliff

CliffMorgan, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

1. Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep - Similar Threads - Laggy Monitor Goes

2. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.: I have an issue with applications freezing when my monitor goes to sleep. Whenever I pull the monitor out of rest mode the running application returns with a black screen and my mouse cursor has disappeared. If I am playing a game I can still hear the music as if the...
  3. Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing after monitor goes to sleep windows 11.: I have an issue with applications freezing when my monitor goes to sleep. Whenever I pull the monitor out of rest mode the running application returns with a black screen and my mouse cursor has disappeared. If I am playing a game I can still hear the music as if the...
  4. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  5. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  7. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  8. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  9. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  10. Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.: Running a fairly fresh install of Windows 10. (not upgrade). Was having no problems. I really like Windows 10 so far. I upgraded my graphics card from gtx650 to a gtx960 this is when a minor problem began. The monitor turns off after 10 minutes, even if I have 'NEVER'...