Windows 10: Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

Discus and support Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jrmjames67, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or if the screen even turns off when idle, my computer slows down to a crawl. Programs won't open. I have to wait several minutes for the start menu to open and it takes about 10 minutes to restart. Once I restart everything works fine. I am guessing it is a graphics issue, but I don't know how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, were they able to fix it? Thanks!

:)

jrmjames67, Dec 4, 2015
  2. BenCarp Win User

I would like my computer to get locked after 5 minutes of no use. Surprisingly I can't find out how to set it.

It turns off the screen, but does not lock the computer.

So for example, if the screen is set to turn off after 5 min, and the computer is set to sleep after 10 minutes, after 6 minutes you can continue using the laptop without having to log in.

BenCarp, Dec 4, 2015
  3. BonesKB Win User
    After updating to Win 10 ver 1607 Sleep no longer works??

After I updated to Win 10 ver 1607, Power & Sleep no longer work.

I have set:

"Screen: When plugged in, turn off after 10 minutes"

"Sleep: When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes"

After 4 hours the screen has not turned off!

After 4 hours the computer has not gone to sleep!

The ONLY way I can get the PC to go to sleep is by selecting "Power" and selecting "Sleep."

What is the solution for this issue????

BonesKB, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

1. Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off - Similar Threads - lags computer sleeps

2. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag: While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I have found out that by going into the touchpad settings either by connecting a mouse or using the keyboard and turning the...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag: While using the computer, it so happens that my computer lags/feezes for a couple of seconds and when it unfreezes the touchpad is no longer working. I have found out that by going into the touchpad settings either by connecting a mouse or using the keyboard and turning the...
  4. Touchpad keeps turning off after a computer lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  6. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Not Turning On After Sleep: I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and power it up again, which closes all the work I was doing. Sometimes it wakes up as...
  7. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  8. Issues with screen not turning off and computer not entering sleep mode after update to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with screen not turning off and computer not entering sleep mode after update to...: Issue: - Screen will not turn off and computer will not enter sleep mode after windows 10 build 19041.450 was installed. Everything worked fine before this install. Troubleshooting: - Made several restarts - no difference. - Started in diagnostic mode - no difference....
  9. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  10. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...