Windows 10: Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

Discus and support Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jrmjames67, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5720 and I have been getting a lot of lag. When I start up, everything works just fine. However, if I put the computer to sleep or if the screen even turns off when idle, my computer slows down to a crawl. Programs won't open. I have to wait several minutes for the start menu to open and it takes about 10 minutes to restart. Once I restart everything works fine. I am guessing it is a graphics issue, but I don't know how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, were they able to fix it? Thanks!

:)

jrmjames67, Dec 4, 2015
  2. BenCarp Win User

I would like my computer to get locked after 5 minutes of no use. Surprisingly I can't find out how to set it.

It turns off the screen, but does not lock the computer.

So for example, if the screen is set to turn off after 5 min, and the computer is set to sleep after 10 minutes, after 6 minutes you can continue using the laptop without having to log in.

BenCarp, Dec 4, 2015
  3. BonesKB Win User
    After updating to Win 10 ver 1607 Sleep no longer works??

After I updated to Win 10 ver 1607, Power & Sleep no longer work.

I have set:

"Screen: When plugged in, turn off after 10 minutes"

"Sleep: When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes"

After 4 hours the screen has not turned off!

After 4 hours the computer has not gone to sleep!

The ONLY way I can get the PC to go to sleep is by selecting "Power" and selecting "Sleep."

What is the solution for this issue????

BonesKB, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off

1. Windows 10 lags after computer sleeps or screen turns off - Similar Threads - lags computer sleeps

2. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off: Hello everyone My laptop screen goes off after 2 minutes as set, and when I move the mouse my screen relights up but is glitched. If I minimize all programs it rectifies it and everything is back to normal. It happens on any open file/program but not to the task bar or...
  3. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  4. After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals: Turning the monitor off then on works submitted by /u/DovieUU [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm8ou5/after_screen_turns_off_not_sleep_cant_turn/
  5. Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?

Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?: Is there a setting to turn my computer off at 11pm and turn it back on at 7am? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-time-for-computer-to-turn-offsleep/dc0ed1e2-d3e1-4294-bba5-de602ab6b171
  6. PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping

PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping: I am posting this to help people that are having sleep/wake issues. I had the following cases when I returned to my laptop after a period of time: 1 Power lamp is blinking. This tells me the PC went to sleep properly and it always wakes up properly. 2 Power lamp is lit but...
  7. Windows change screens after computer turns off monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows change screens after computer turns off monitor: Hi, I have a Dell Workstation connected to an external monitor, and every time the computer idles and turns off the monitors, all my windows are replaced in the primary screen and resized to a lower resolution. This behavior started right after a windows 10 version 1903...
  8. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on w10 - everytime computer sleeps or screen turns off: Hey, hoping you can help me with this one. On a completely new Acer Swift laptop I get this error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I get it every single time I leave the computer for a while and the screen goes to black, or If i press windows+L and lock the...
  9. Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep

Computer screen won't turn off and won't go to sleep: I have been looking all over the internet for help to figure out why my computer won't turn off the screen after a given amount of time, and also why it won't go to sleep after the given amount of time, I have reinstalled windows, checked my USB devices, and to no prevail can...
  10. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9