Windows 10: Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

Discus and support Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem that has been happening intermittently for about a year. I updated a year ago and I would get these 5 second bursts of lag that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CeramicTrauma, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

Hi, I have a problem that has been happening intermittently for about a year. I updated a year ago and I would get these 5 second bursts of lag that would slow audio and the display. It would happen about once every few hours. I updated about 3 months later and it stopped. I updated last month and now its back, but worse. I've had to restart my PC twice today because it was so bad.

:)

CeramicTrauma, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

Hi,

I recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1
    my specs are under my profile.

I am using a Logitech G400.

Note that, I did not have issues before all the windows updates.

It started with freezing every definite amount of time like 4 second gap. I saw that Logitech has brought out a new driver in mid June, and it seems to make it a bit better. Still it came back after some time.

I have disabled the Windows Update service since it always tries to download chunks when i am gaming. Not sure if this is related to that.

I have run stress test on CPU, FPU, RAM, GPU , HDD all of them to emulate the kind of freezing i get, but it seems its not hardware related.

Finally fedup of curzor lagging every few seconds i decided to try USB 3 port. That did the job, but after some time the mouse starts freezing again, this time at random intervals.

I have noticed it goes up when i am playing Minecraft. I have Java 10.* installed.

Please help *Frown Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update :(

i tried removing realtek audio as well, but that did not help.

I am using Eset Nod32 antivirus.

I am monitoring my HDD, but there is nothing being demanded at the time of stutter. Page file is system managed. HDD is not very old. Its a WD Blue EZEX and shows no errors. I even have new SATA cables.

AMD HD7700 drivers has also been updated.

de.das.dude, Mar 4, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

1. Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update - Similar Threads - lags freezes update

2. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  3. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  4. Windows 10 lagging and freezing repeatedly after inserting new Atheros AR 5B195?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 lagging and freezing repeatedly after inserting new Atheros AR 5B195?: My Dell Inspiron 15 3543 started to lag like anything after inserting new Azurewave Atheros AR5B195 PCIe Half mini Wlan card, in device manager it is showing like this Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG. First I had to enter safe mode because of the long long loading at windows...
  5. Lags after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lags after windows 10 update: Before i updated my pc today everything is running smoothly but after the update the speed became half as usual especially in booting which only takes around 10 to 15 seconds, i also experienced more fps drops. Thank you....
  6. Computer lagging after new updates help!!

Computer lagging after new updates help!!: Hi, After the windows 10 update my computer has been lagging ever since and it is not when I play games even when I browse or just do nothing it lags I have tried multiple solutions re-installs everything I have nothing left to try I revert back to my old updates and my...
  7. Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install

Lagging, Freezing after Windows 10 clean install: After an update, I suddenly wasn't able to boot up. After many tries, I made the media creation tool and reinstalled windows. Unfortunately, in doing that I lost the files that would allow me to bring computer back to factory settings, although the partition is still there....
  8. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update: Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update

Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update: I recently updated my pc to the newest version of windows 10 version 1909/1903 and i noticed that it is freezing/lagging every 5 seconds. This frustrates me and I have been looking for a solution. The last big update I had was a few years ago and it had the same problem but I...
  10. Lag after new 17134.885 Update

Lag after new 17134.885 Update: Hello. A update came out last night, which was 17134.885 Now i'm getting awful lag spikes on my computer and processes. Memory and GPU usage has gone way up on things that didn't used to take so much. For example, in one game that I could run at 50-60 FPS for hours AND...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lags and freezes

2. after upgrade 1093 in window 10 computer lags

3. lag after windows 10 reset

4. after windows updade lags,
  5. my laptop lags after blue screen windows 10,
  6. mouse freezes after update april 2019,
  7. new windows 10 update freezes,
  8. windows 10 suddenly lagging,
  9. windows 10 locks up after update 2019