Windows 10: Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.

Discus and support Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This began suddenly. Everything was normal and one day I left the computer on for some time, and when I came back It was frozen. I Powered off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YesNyet, Apr 29, 2020.

1. YesNyet Win User

Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.

This began suddenly. Everything was normal and one day I left the computer on for some time, and when I came back It was frozen. I Powered off the computer and this issue began.

Sometimes after going through many painful iterations of that, it stops and I'm allowed to use the computer normally. Sometimes it goes on forever for as long as I am willing to wait. In the cases where it goes back to normal, it still breaks and goes back to that freezing lagging state. Sometimes I don't hear USB sounds.

Here is what I have tried, but did not work:

Restarting.

ReInstalling motherboard and Graphics card drivers.

Booting without any USB device connected, then connecting mouse and keyboard.

Removing USB device hub from the devices list.

Reinstalling windows from that blue screen with the "maintain your files but remove programs that didn't come with this computer". The computer froze at 17% and after some time an error popped up. Clicked ok and was back to the home screen and nothing changed.

After all this, I clean installed windows from that same blue screen. I thought that absolutely would work. I left it and when I came back windows asked for the usual first-time setup information country, keyboard, .... Surely enough, after pressing next a few times, even before I got the see the desktop wallpaper !!!, the lagging-freezing-flashing began.

I've also looked at the devices list before and after the freezing and saw no new device, even though the list flashes as if something changed.

What I know:

I also have an Ubuntu partition on the Hard Drive and it doesn't display this kind of behavior.

SSD and HD are not corrupted, did this: sfc /scannow then checkdisk chkdsk.

Shouldn't be malware because of the clean install and because Kaspersky didn't pick anything up after scans.

Windows was originally on the SSD and reinstalled on that SSD without the presence of the HD because I read somewhere windows would do something dum to the HD during installation.

This is definitely a Windows issue. But also something else. I thought it might have been the motherboard but I'm not sure.

So what do I do?

Here is some info:

1 SSD 128 with windows

1 1TB HD

12GB ram ddr3?

Motherboard: H81M-CS/BR
    i7 processor

RX 580 series video card connected via DVI to my monitor.

USBs: lifecam, mouse, keyboard, loudspeakers, printer.

What I am thinking about doing next:

Get lucky with the lagging to be able to activate insider windows.

Install Windows 7.

Abandon mac on this computer, switch to Mac or ubuntu.

ps: This SSD and HD pair was taken from another computer where this bug didn't happen. My father, which used this computer, also recorded similar issues a while back, but he just lived with it. Then I came, installed my hard drives and it didn't happen for the first few weeks until now.

pps: sorry for the long post.

:)

YesNyet, Apr 29, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
  3. MartinK Win User
    Windows 10 & Nvidia Flash Player full screen freezing issue

I have exactly the same problem. After 3 minutes, picture freezes, sound goes on. It appeared after win 10 reinstalation. Any help appreciated.

MartinK, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.

Windows 10 freezes after startup

Hi Alex,

A software conflict may have caused your computer to freeze after the startup. Since you currently don't have internet on the new computer, we suggest that you create an installation media on a USB from your laptop. The installation media will be used in
    performing a repair installation on your new computer.

Create an installation media on a USB flash drive. Just follow the steps provided in

Create installation media for Windows
    . Once done, connect or inset the USB flash drive in your new PC and run the
    MediaCreationTool.exe to help fix and replace all corrupted components.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.

1. Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes. - Similar Threads - lags freezes startup

2. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  3. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  4. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezing on startup screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezing on startup screen: Windows 10 sometimes freezes on startup see attached image and the only thing that will make the computer boot up normally is turning the power switch on the back of the tower off, unplugging the power cable, plugging it back in and then turning the computer on again.How do I...
  6. Bluetooth earbuds are connected, but no sound is being emitted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth earbuds are connected, but no sound is being emitted: Hi. Yesterday I got a pair of Bluetooth wireless earbuds. They work just fine with my Android device, taking just a couple of second to get paired and ready to go. The issue is when I try to connect them to my Windows 10 PC, as they sometimes appear connected or paired, but...
  7. Sound detected by windows, but no sound is emitting??

Sound detected by windows, but no sound is emitting??: Recently got a gaming computer, that was organized by my dad. Everything was fine and audio was emitting from my desktop. However, that soon stopped in 3-5 hours when I turned off my computer to rest. Once I turned it back on, audio from YouTube in my Microsoft Edge browser,...
  8. screen flashing and usb connecting sound

screen flashing and usb connecting sound: hi, my screen just flashed and the usb connecting sound just played, my pc is working absolutely fine, should i care or do something about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flashing-and-usb-connecting-sound/a67aab3b-e85d-4978-b36a-dd700cdf8275
  9. Sound and Mouse lag Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound and Mouse lag Freezing: So my problem is that is have problems With sound (Razer Kreaken Pro v2) and my mouse (Logitech G503 Hero). The PC is sooo new and i don't know waht to do that happend so 4 weeks after i Bought it i have let the pc Built. And some times the hole pc is lagging. With the sound...
  10. USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing

USB Flash Drive Causes Mouse lagging/freezing: A few months ago, i posted on here about my mouse being all laggy and slow. Well, just now, I found out why. I inserted a flash drive and it started again. I took out the flash drive and it all stopped. I just it with all the flash drives I have. I have about 20. . I used...