Windows 10: Windows 10 LAN access after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 LAN access after sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 x64 on a desktop PC with an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, 8GByte RAM. The motherboard has an integral Realtec GBE network controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaspencer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. kaspencer Win User

Windows 10 LAN access after sleep

I am running Windows 10 x64 on a desktop PC with an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, 8GByte RAM.

The motherboard has an integral Realtec GBE network controller which is reported by Windows to have the latest Microsoft driver.

When the PC is first booted, the network card is initialised without delay and the LAN and Internet is more-or-less immediately available.

However after the PC has been to sleep, the local area network is never immediately available, and takes at least 30 second, possibly more than a minute, to became available. The Internet is available almost immediately.

Why is this? I am an experienced programmer, and have other PCs which do not exhibit this issue. I have used PCs with Windows since v1.3 in 1984/5, and am annoyed that no solution for this problem appears to be available despite frequent and extensive searches. The Ethernet driver is configured NOT to allow power saving, and so should not be turned off during sleep.

Please advise me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Kenneth S

:)

kaspencer, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 LAN access after sleep - Similar Threads - LAN access sleep

2. LAN Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep: Hi,In my Windows 10 Pro Laptop, the LAN Ethernet disconnects automatically after sleep and does not getting connected unless restarted.Brand: DellModel: Latitude 3490Tried fixes:1. Installed new LAN driver2. Changed network adapter power saving settings3. BIOS UpdatedKindly...
  3. LAN Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep: Hi,In my Windows 10 Pro Laptop, the LAN Ethernet disconnects automatically after sleep and does not getting connected unless restarted.Brand: DellModel: Latitude 3490Tried fixes:1. Installed new LAN driver2. Changed network adapter power saving settings3. BIOS UpdatedKindly...
  4. LAN Ethernet not getting conneted after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No connection to internet via LAN after sleep or restart on Windows 10

No connection to internet via LAN after sleep or restart on Windows 10: I have a brand new Dell Desktop Computer running Windows 10. It runs flawlessly until it goes to sleep or after a restart. There is no internet connection via LAN. I run the troubleshooter and it says I have connectivity issues. I can use the same LAN connection and cable...
  6. Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 does not reconnect to LAN after Sleep: There have been many questions, and many replies, on the subject of Windows 10 failing to reconnect to a LAN after Sleep. For along time there was no issue, it all worked. Then quite some time ago now maybe more than a year and a half, an update destroyed reconnecting to a...
  7. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible: After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve. Same problem on...
  8. LAN and C Drive Access

LAN and C Drive Access: I have two Windows 10 laptops connected via a switch. They are part of a LAN network with static IP addresses. If both computers are connected to the internet, both computers can access each others C Drives. If they are both off the internet, they can both access each others...
  9. LAN access

LAN access: Hello I'm new here and wondered if there are any gurus out there who could help me with a problem. I have just installed Windows 10 on my laptop (having already installed it on my desktop PC). With my previous setup, using Windows 8 on the laptop and Windows 7 on the main...
  10. No LAN access

No LAN access: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 Enterprise and after 30 minutes, after one restart, LAN stopped working. I have internet connection but I can't acces my LAN (laptop and storage server). My PC has a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller. I tried to update the driver,...