Windows 10: Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

Discus and support Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RussellEvans74, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve.

Same problem on Windows 7 PC for user without a login password but which was fixed by creating a user password. Creating password on W10 PC does not fix.

:)

RussellEvans74, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Is the system connected to domain network?

• Have you updated the network drivers in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    Smithhead9 on May 7, 2015 and check if it helps.

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

1. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible - Similar Threads - LAN NAS longer

2. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  3. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  4. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  6. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  7. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

8. Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN

Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN: Please bear with me - this is a long post Recently I installed a new Synology NAS drive on my WiFi home LAN, configured as RAID1; it is seen by the router, and is deemed healthy. However, I have had great difficulty making it visible on and useful to the PCs on the LAN....
  9. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...