Windows 10: Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

Discus and support Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are a small office with a LAN peer to peer network. All computers are running Windows 10 Pro. Suddenly, one computer is unable to see one other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeckyBR, Jan 2, 2020.

1. BeckyBR Win User

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

We are a small office with a LAN peer to peer network. All computers are running Windows 10 Pro. Suddenly, one computer is unable to see one other computer. Computer #2 is able to see Computer #1. All other office computers are able to see Computer #2 and Computer #1. Computer #1 is able to see all the other network computers. Rebooting both computers did not help. Both computers are up to date with updates. This is a new problem, Computer #1 was able to see Computer #2 just fine before the holidays. A search for Computer #2 by name does not find it. Troubleshooter did not find any issues.

We need to resolve this. I'm running out of ideas!

:)

BeckyBR, Jan 2, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Network Connectivity

Thanks for the quick response. Have you tried to follow and run all the steps provided on the link above?

How are you trying to connect to the network? Wi-Fi / Lan?

• If you’re trying to connect via Wi-Fi, kindly check if the Wi-Fi service is enabled on your computer.

• If you’re connected via LAN, kindly unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable connect from your computer to the router.

To further isolate this issue, kindly try connecting another device on the Internet and check if the same issue occurs.

Follow all the steps provided on the link below on how to fix network connection issues:

If the issue still persists, contact your Internet service provider and have them check your network.

Keep us posted.

JericDale Ort, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

Network Connectivity

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

In order for us to find out what causes your computer not to connect to the Internet, we would like to gather more information:

• Which apps are unable to connect to the internet?
    • Have you tried to connect to the internet using Internet Explorer?
    • Are there any software or hardware changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are there any recent updates installed to your computer?
    • How are you trying to connect to the Internet? Wi-Fi/LAN
    • Are there any third party anti-virus installed on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest you follow the steps provided on the link below

Regards.

JericDale Ort, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer

1. Windows 10 LAN network connection - one computer can't see one other computer - Similar Threads - LAN network connection

2. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  3. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  4. One computer on my network can't see the other

One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  5. Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others): Hello, We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll call 'F) linked in so we could wing files back and forth to the laser, but we had to get it repaired. When we connected it...
  6. Connect to Network Issue...Can't See Other Computers

Connect to Network Issue...Can't See Other Computers: Greetings, I just purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and have tried to hook up to our small peer-to-peer network. I can "see" printers, scanners and a network hard drive for backups when opening up "network" on the file explorer, but I cannot see any of the other...
  7. One computer can't see all the others on the network

One computer can't see all the others on the network: I have four computers on the same network. Three of them can see all the other computers, but one can not. It only sees one computer. I have tried a few things but can't get Computer A lets call it to see any more than one computer. Any help? 114581
  8. One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...
  9. Can't see one computer on network after reinstalling Windows 10

Can't see one computer on network after reinstalling Windows 10: I had to reset windows 10 (big suprise). I had to try to change settings back as well as I could. Now I can't see 1 computer on my workgroup/network. I am new to making workgroups but it seemed like it was the only way to work sharing well between 3 different operating...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...