Windows 10: Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased

Discus and support Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime when I restart my laptop all my hot keys settings are erased. [ATTACH] I have read this topic and I followed all the steps mentioned there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StefanPańczyszyn, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased

StefanPańczyszyn, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Spokus Win User

Language Hot Keys Settings - Loose Settings

I have Windows 10 with the same problem.

There are three Hot Keys for three languages Ctrl +1, Ctrl +2 and
    Ctrl + 3.

All three hot keys disappear if sleep mode was used.

But it is more interesting.

Only third hot key disappear after PC is turning
    Off (power mode) and ON (using button).

Regarding suggestion I made "copy setting to the welcome screen etc." in "Language Advanced settings" and now I do not have different between
    sleep mode and turn off mode.

Now only third (Ctrl + 3) hot key disappear.

I think it is special design Microsoft discrimination option for users who want to set more then two languages. Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased :)

Spokus, Apr 5, 2019
  3. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased

Language Hot Keys Settings - Loose Settings

Windows 10:\Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language\Advanced settings\Change language bar hot keys\Advanced Key Settings\Hot keys for input language

Between input languages - Left Alt + Shift - working in any conditions

To English (United States) - US - Ctrl + 1 - Loose Settings

To Korean (Korea) - Microsoft IME - Ctrl + Shift + 3

To Romanian (Romania) - Romanian (Standard) - Ctrl + 2 - Loose Settings

For English and Romanian language, settings get lost under following conditions:

Shut Down - Restart - Hibernate - Sleep and immediately after I press Apply or Ok button. Sometimes, in the settings window, I can see these settings activated, but stil not working. If I apply these settings several times, somtimes it works, but not always.

On my second PC, where I have Windows 7, for these settings I must try several times. But, this system loses its all settings only when I reopen the settings window.

Also, I would like to know if there is any possibility to set Ctrl + 3 Hot Key for Korean language.

Thank you very much!

Fineas Pop, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased

1. Windows 10 - language hot keys settings erased - Similar Threads - language hot keys

2. Input Language hot keys doesn't save Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language hot keys doesn't save Windows 10: Hello,I had this problem for quite some time now. I have 3 preferred languages English UK, English US, Japanese, with each having its keyboard layout : Azerty for UK US Dvorak for right hand, a custom bépo and a custom Colemak for USMicrosoft IME for JPWhile using the option...
  3. Input Language hot keys doesn't save Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language hot keys doesn't save Windows 10: Hello,I had this problem for quite some time now. I have 3 preferred languages English UK, English US, Japanese, with each having its keyboard layout : Azerty for UK US Dvorak for right hand, a custom bépo and a custom Colemak for USMicrosoft IME for JPWhile using the option...
  4. Input language hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input language hot keys: Hello,Recently I purchased a new computer Lenovo yoga i7, Windows 10.I've set three input languages, and I assign a hotkey alt+shift to change between them. The three languages are English, Hebrew, and Coptic a keyboard supported by the program Keyman. Every time I turn off...
  5. Language change Hot Keys

Language change Hot Keys: Hello, I would like to ask this question regarding a recent mini-problem I came across. Today when I tried to change language using Win key and space it didn't and after a lot of digging in the settings of my system I found that this combination turned on and off Game mode,...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't save user setting for a hot key for input languages

Windows 10 doesn't save user setting for a hot key for input languages: After restart any laptop Windows 7/10 always resets hotkey settings for languages. Please check this issue and fix in additional a windows update. [ATTACH]...
  7. Cannot change Language hot keys

Cannot change Language hot keys: I currently have multiple languages inputs set up. Alt+Shift can be used to switch between them. As it happens, this key combination conflicts with another program I use, so I would like to disable it. I go to my language settings by simply typing "Language" in the search...
  8. Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is There A Hot Key For Windows Settings?: I'm just typing away in Open Office in a text document and my left hand little finger slips a bit and hits more than one key somewhere over there where it 'lives' if you've got your hands in the classic touch typing position - i.e. little finger over 'A'. And 'windows...
  9. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  10. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving: I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results. Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and I want to be able to switch to them by number using the keyboard shortcuts. This was no problem before, but now that I've...