Windows 10: Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin

Discus and support Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm writing this in hope to help people who's had the same problem as me, and couldn't figure out the solution to how to use the bopomofo keyboard, due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sanchez Huang, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin

I'm writing this in hope to help people who's had the same problem as me, and couldn't figure out the solution to how to use the bopomofo keyboard, due to the lack of proper answers available online.

If you're trying to use the Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin keyboard, and keeps getting this message come up:

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10"

There are potentially 2 easy ways to fix this.

The FIRST is simply going to the settings > Language > Chinese Traditional, Taiwan - Options > Keyboards Microsoft Bopomofo > Key Assignment > Select your preferred keyboard layout "Standard"*** Instead of Taiwan Pinyin** which was my problem.

The SECOND solution is from the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-chinese/db5a0ddf-2c50-4f0d-a961-58902f40acda

1. At the Start menu, click Cortana’s search box and type “Command Prompt”.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type one of the following command and press Enter to install the basic typing Features on Demand package:
    • For Traditional Chinese basic typing:

DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0

After this command, if it does not work, repeat the first solution after this command.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Sanchez Huang, Dec 13, 2020
  2. OTEC.CA Win User

Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

How to HanYuPinYin to input Traditional Chinese in Windows 10?

step 1: In Windows 10 , go to "settings"; "Time &" Language"; "Region & Language"; "Add a language"; "Chinese (Simplied)".

please note: the (Simplified) includes the Traditional words.

Step 2: under the "Language", select "中文(中华人民共和国)“;”Options“; ”Keyboards“;select ”Microsoft Pinyin“;”options“。

Step 3:under ”Microsoft PinYin“, select”Character sets”, choose A character sets from (simplified Chinese) to (Traditional Chinese). The job is done!

Please note: Although you can use this method to input hanyupinyin and get the traditional Chinese characters, but if you need to switch to Simplified Chinese, you have to go to the step 3 again and change the Character Set from Traditional Chinese to the
    Simplified Chinese. I hope Microsoft or its developers can add some patch to fix it so that in the future, users can easily switch language from English or Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified modes.

Some other people suggested to use HongKong Traditional Chinese and bopomofo keyboard, but you can not select the candidite font (同音字)。I think Microsoft engineer may fix this bug in the future.

OTEC.CA, Dec 13, 2020
  3. ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10

where is "ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD" in windows 10

RobertLiu1, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Ramzi M Win User

Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin

ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I'm Ramzi, an Independent advisor, here to help you.

You need 1st to add language to Windows 10 by installing the language Pack.

Then follow the steps here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Let me know if that helps

Ramzi M, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin

1. Windows 10 - Language options: Chinese Traditional, Tawain - bopomofo Zhuyin - Similar Threads - Language options Chinese

2. Windows 11 ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD can not show Traditional Chinese...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD can not show Traditional Chinese...: Please see the attached screen shot. I did follow all the instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-screen-chinese-traditional-bopomofo/1b34dd0f-b1a4-463b-8dca-edf240f9d564
  3. Windows 11 ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD can not show Traditional Chinese...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD can not show Traditional Chinese...: Please see the attached screen shot. I did follow all the instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-screen-chinese-traditional-bopomofo/1b34dd0f-b1a4-463b-8dca-edf240f9d564
  4. After adding the language -- Traditional Chinese input --Bopomofo method, IME shows setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After adding the language -- Traditional Chinese input --Bopomofo method, IME shows setting...: I call service center already done some action1 Removed and downlaoded bopomofo , failed.2 Bopomofo option--> General --> Use previous version. Still failed.3 Change default language into Chinese. Failed....
  5. After adding the language -- Traditional Chinese input --Bopomofo method, IME shows setting...

After adding the language -- Traditional Chinese input --Bopomofo method, IME shows setting...: I call service center already done some action1 Removed and downlaoded bopomofo , failed.2 Bopomofo option--> General --> Use previous version. Still failed.3 Change default language into Chinese. Failed....
  6. After adding the language -- Traditional Chinese input --Bopomofo method, IME shows setting...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo

Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo: being tried many ways to re-install the OS package but, IME was disabled. unabke to switch between Chinese and English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-traditional-chinese-with-bopomofo/06720461-7065-4309-8270-056044f9782c
  8. ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10

ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD in windows 10: where is "ON SCREEN CHINESE TRADITIONAL BOPOMOFO KEYBOARD" in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-screen-chinese-traditional-bopomofo-keyboard-in/344b56ee-d574-4847-ba87-32cc7d062ff8
  9. Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo

Cannot Type Traditional Chinese with Bopomofo: Hello, I am having a issue of typing traditional Chinese with Bopomofo input method in Window 10. I have installed the language pack successfully as the below screen shows. However, every time I wanted to switch between Chinese and English using Shift key to type...
  10. Chinese Bopomofo (Zhuyin) Keyboard Requires Admin Credentials

Chinese Bopomofo (Zhuyin) Keyboard Requires Admin Credentials: User needs to use Bopomofo keyboard. Everything is set up correctly to use, but when she toggles it on, she gets several admin credentials popping up, and if you put admin credentials in all of the boxes, it still won't allow the keyboard to be toggled on. It says it cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download Microsoft Bopomofo IME