Windows 10: Windows 10 Language preference

Discus and support Windows 10 Language preference in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have an annoying problem with Language preference, Windows 10 be himself add English UK language in preference. and you cannot remove it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AS Balticom, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Language preference

Hello!

I have an annoying problem with Language preference, Windows 10 be himself add English UK language in preference.

and you cannot remove it because it isn't in the list if you open Language in Setting you you do not see it, but in tray, you can.

So you to remove UK language you need to manually add in settings and then remove after UK language disappears.

Need help this bug.

Windows 10 Language preference 5d7fd37d-fbda-411a-adc0-e16b23a3e708?upload=true.png

:)

AS Balticom, Jun 25, 2019

2. languages preferred

Hello,

Assuming you want to use English (United States) as your preferred language, try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type these commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

Get-WinUserLanguageList

This will display list of installed languages on your machine. Note the LanguageTag for your preferred language.

$1=New-WinUserLanguageList <LanguageTag>

Replace <LanguageTag> for your preferred language. For example, if your preferred language is English (United States), then you can use $1=New-WinUserLanguageList en-US.

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

After this, when opted, type Y to confirm setting preferred language. Close Windows PowerShell and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 25, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows 10 Language preference

my language prefrence is japanese

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. How many language packs are installed in the computer?
    2. Do you mean language preference in a particular application or the entire system?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Tap on Time and language > Region and language.
    3. Click a particular language for example English.
    4. You will see three options underneath: “Set as default”, “Options”, “Remove”.
    5. Click on Set as default and make English as your default language.

For more information, you can check Add
    and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Language preference

1. Windows 10 Language preference - Similar Threads - Language preference

2. maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages: It's not more a question than an answer to this...
  3. maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages: It's not more a question than an answer to this...
  4. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  5. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  6. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  7. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  8. How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard: I would like to have multiple Preferred languages *because some apps- displaz languages are in the first Preferred language – and I would like that to be English, but at the same time, I onlz want to have one kezboard lazout *of mz second Preferred language. However, I cannot...
  9. How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard

How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard: I would like to have multiple Preferred languages *because some apps- displaz languages are in the first Preferred language – and I would like that to be English, but at the same time, I onlz want to have one kezboard lazout *of mz second Preferred language. However, I cannot...
  10. Where do I change my email language preference?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I change my email language preference?: Hi,I've been getting official microsoft emails in Japanese for years now, and i've managed as they are usually just login code sorts of emails - but I feel like I should be able to read the entire thing. My account is set to US and default language as English. I haven't seen...