Windows 10: Windows 10 Language problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Language problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone!Recently I've ran into this problem:There are 3 options in the language bar and only 2 in the language preferences.I need only Russian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kuandyque, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Kuandyque Win User

Windows 10 Language problem

Hello everyone!Recently I've ran into this problem:There are 3 options in the language bar and only 2 in the language preferences.I need only Russian with Kazakh keyboard, because I already have Russian letters in Kazakhs keyboard.Therefore when I remove Russian from Language preferences it closes language bar and I'm not able to change my languages.I have put the check mark in certain boxes, but it looks old, I prefer windows 10 version of the language bar.Here is normal lookAnd when I remove second language I can't see the language bar icon, so not only I can't check which language I'm using

:)

Kuandyque, Jul 31, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Language problem

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Language problem

1. Windows 10 Language problem - Similar Threads - Language problem

2. Office language problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office language problem: Hello there, in the company I work, I have a specific problem. The default language of windows 10 was Italian, I changed to English and I removed Italian but in every office app the menu is mixed italian and english, how can I get rid of Italian at all ? Thank you,...
  3. Win10 pro language problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 pro language problem: Hi, I've bought this laptop which was manufactured in Spain, now that I've changed the language to English, it seems that some features still display in Spanish.Thanks....
  4. I have a problem with switching keyboard language

I have a problem with switching keyboard language: I often type in English and Korean.I have no problem when I switch the language from Korean to English alt + shift. But when I switch the language from English to Korean, often it still types in English. I have to click the toggle ? button not language button on taskbar to...
  5. Language problem in Windows 10

Language problem in Windows 10: Firefox is my default browser on my new laptop but 2 days ago it switched from English to Spanish and I can't figure out how to change it back to English. Can anybody help?...
  6. Language problem

Language problem: Does windows 10 no longer support English British as a language?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-problem/969b97fd-62c3-43f9-b5ed-6397e9b0c99d
  7. Language problem.

Language problem.: How do I make it so that the language stays the same even though I switched apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-problem/55055fa2-a434-44bc-8575-b8c2458982a2
  8. Windows 10 20H2 .appx UI language pack problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 .appx UI language pack problem: Hello I want to provide 20H2 for our company. I use the same scripts as for 1909 to edit the image. What has changed are the language packages - .cab --> appx. Now I have the problem that at the first login the language is set to English, although everything should be in DE....
  9. Taskbar News feed language problem and internet connectivity issue after the update

Taskbar News feed language problem and internet connectivity issue after the update: After the update the taskbar news feed popup not in use before and its in some other language. I cannot reset the language.My laptop was working fine with 5 GHz wifi. But says cannot connect after the update.Please helpThanks...
  10. Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century

Keyboard Language Shortcut KEY SEQUENCE The problem of century: Hi,Guys, I'm facing this problem since first release of windows 10. I have three keyboard languages set, Georgian, Russian and English. Switching between them by SHIFT + ALT every time is pain in the ****!! When I set key sequence in advanced keyboard settings to switch...