Windows 10: Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ibt2014, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ibt2014 Win User

Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found how to enable this and it worked.

The steps followed were:

The steps below show how to resolve this.

1: Right click the Windows flag in the bottom right of your desktop and open control panel

2: Click on Languages

3: Click "Options" on the right hand side of the 'English US' language selection

4: At the bottom of the page make sure the 'Write Characters In Freehand' option is ticked, then click "Personalise Handwriting Recognition"

5: Now click 'Target Specific Recognition Errors'

6: Next click 'Character" or "Word" you specify, and then proceed to type in any 6 letter word of you choice via the keyboard, Click next

7: Proceed to use your finger/mouse to write the word you have chosen into the yellow boxes, Click next and repeat the process

8: Click finish and finally click update and exit

On this one PC these settings are lost on reboot, and we have to repeat the process.

Why are the settings getting reset/lost on reboot?

:)

ibt2014, Nov 19, 2015
  2. MrakoBez Win User

Feature „switch to language“ don't work in Windows 10.

I use „switch to language“ in windows 10. After last update this feature does not worked.

I set Ctrl+2 for switch to English Ctrl+1 for switch to Russian, but this hotkeys triggered randomly. And after the time this feture sets to „none“ in its settings.

I record video reproducing the bug with lost settings:

[Original title: Feature „switch to language“ don't work in windows 10.]

MrakoBez, Nov 19, 2015
  3. GrahamMee Win User
    Cortana not working in UK after anniversary update

I installed the windows 1607 update yesterday and I have completely lost Cortana. First the microphone was in the search box and not working but after rebooting it has disappeared and it seems impossible to activate Cortana. I have checked all regions
    and languages are set to English UK and have recreated my profile but no luck. please help.

GrahamMee, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

1. Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot - Similar Threads - Language Settings Lost

2. Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot: Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a reboot I get "duplicate" (de facto) however "second screen only stays selectedin blue. to fix this I need to move the selection...
  3. USB-connection is lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-connection is lost after reboot: I have a User interface running on a PC. The display is an LCD-panel with a touch-USB the touchscreen. Now this particular installation has no room for the PC close to the touchscreen, so we are using a HDMI-KVM extender KVM = Keyboard/Video/Mouse where the input and video...
  4. lost settings after restartWindows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost settings after restartWindows 10: When I restart my laptop HP Pavilion g6 it loses keyboard and mouse settings and some files. Yesterday I was having a "chat" with Tech Support and they saved a notepad file on my desktop to enable me to resume the chat after a restart, but the file wasn't there!...
  5. IP Settings Lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Settings Lost after reboot: Dear all, I have a network problem on a PC with Win 10. I use a static IP but after the reboot the settings change to DHCP. I found that the cause is the service named 'DHCP Client', in fact the IP settings aren't lost if this service is disabled. On the other PCs the...
  6. Windows 10 1909 reboots on Language settings during clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1909 reboots on Language settings during clean install: Hi! Let me tell you the whole enchilada: On Q4 2017 I upgraded my PC: AMD Ryzen 7 1700, ASUS Prime x370-Pro, 500GB Samsung NVMe M.2 (and a 4TB Seagate HDD for media and file storage), 16GB (2x8gb) DDR4 G.Skillz TridentZ 3200mhz RAM, EVGA 600W Bronze PSU, Zotac's NVIDIA...
  7. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  8. Language settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language settings in Windows 10: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  9. I lost stuff after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost stuff after a reboot: Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar...
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 language setting lost after reboot