Windows 10: Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ibt2014, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ibt2014 Win User

Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found how to enable this and it worked.

The steps followed were:

The steps below show how to resolve this.

1: Right click the Windows flag in the bottom right of your desktop and open control panel

2: Click on Languages

3: Click "Options" on the right hand side of the 'English US' language selection

4: At the bottom of the page make sure the 'Write Characters In Freehand' option is ticked, then click "Personalise Handwriting Recognition"

5: Now click 'Target Specific Recognition Errors'

6: Next click 'Character" or "Word" you specify, and then proceed to type in any 6 letter word of you choice via the keyboard, Click next

7: Proceed to use your finger/mouse to write the word you have chosen into the yellow boxes, Click next and repeat the process

8: Click finish and finally click update and exit

On this one PC these settings are lost on reboot, and we have to repeat the process.

Why are the settings getting reset/lost on reboot?

:)

ibt2014, Nov 19, 2015
  2. MrakoBez Win User

Feature „switch to language“ don't work in Windows 10.

I use „switch to language“ in windows 10. After last update this feature does not worked.

I set Ctrl+2 for switch to English Ctrl+1 for switch to Russian, but this hotkeys triggered randomly. And after the time this feture sets to „none“ in its settings.

I record video reproducing the bug with lost settings:

[Original title: Feature „switch to language“ don't work in windows 10.]

MrakoBez, Nov 19, 2015
  3. GrahamMee Win User
    Cortana not working in UK after anniversary update

I installed the windows 1607 update yesterday and I have completely lost Cortana. First the microphone was in the search box and not working but after rebooting it has disappeared and it seems impossible to activate Cortana. I have checked all regions
    and languages are set to English UK and have recreated my profile but no luck. please help.

GrahamMee, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

1. Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot - Similar Threads - Language Settings Lost

2. Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing: Hello, I have issues after latest windows update, I have language setting in control panel is missing, I can't write in search bar, I installed language before update I delete it after update and still there when I change keyboard by Alt+Shift (in powershell only 2 languages...
  3. Language settings in Windows 10

Language settings in Windows 10: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  4. Language settings

Language settings: Hi, I purchased a laptop in german and the laanguage was changed to english.Recently,i updated my windows to Windows 10 and the language changed back to german. I tried all possible ways to change the language to english but in vain. I also do not find options like 'set as...
  5. Windows 10 1803: language setting

Windows 10 1803: language setting: How do I change the English language setting display Help files and labels, buttons in Russian language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-1803-language-setting/9192cfa4-1714-4911-96f3-6d06045d3fd6
  6. Windows Language Settings

Windows Language Settings: I cannot seem to install nor alter the settings for english (uk) and english (us). Consequently, I cannot even change the current windows language from one of them to the other....
  7. Registry Settings Revert after Reboot

Registry Settings Revert after Reboot: Because the advanced appearance settings in win10 were omitted I manually tweaked the registry. After log off or reboot they (the registry) assume the default state. Now I'm pretty desperate and in fragile mental condition. But I'm here now and know that You'll came up with a...
  8. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...
  9. I lost stuff after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost stuff after a reboot: Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar...
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...