Windows 10: Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese

Discus and support Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've deleted the portuguese language pack after I accidentally got a portugeuse windows installer, but I know a lot of spanish so I could still make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zor1_, Apr 30, 2020.

1. /u/zor1_ Win User

Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese

I've deleted the portuguese language pack after I accidentally got a portugeuse windows installer, but I know a lot of spanish so I could still make out some of the words as they are similar. But even after deleting, some ui elements are still not in english for some reason. Like even the volume control is still stuck saying Altifalantes. I set the system locale to ENG too with switching the default language and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything.

Running lpksetup says "Portuguese is the default language of the user interface", while most but not all are in english. Can someone lend a lil help?

submitted by /u/zor1_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zor1_, Apr 30, 2020

2. How to change system language of Windows 10 from spanish to portuguese?

Hi Ronaldo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to change the language.

1. Press Windows key + I key.

2. There go to Time and language>region and language>select add a language>select Portuguese>now click on Portuguese and select Set as default.

Please let us know if you are now able to resolve the issue or you need any further assistance

Amarjeet_Paul, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Cannot select Portuguese (Brasil) as a speech language

I am trying to enable Cortana on Windows 10 in Portuguese, but I can't even though the options for it are installed. I only have English (United States) as an option in the Speech Language, and nothing else appears in the dropdown

I am on Windows 10 Pro, and have Portuguese (Brasil) installed and set as the language. Brasil is set as the region.

The Language Pack for Portuguese is installed. (It says language pack installed for Portuguese if i pick English as the language instead)If i go to Manage Optional Features, i have the following installed, and i have already restarted the computer and logged
    in again so they can take effect:

Portuguese (Brazil) handwriting

Portuguese (Brazil) optical character recognition

Portuguese (Brazil) text-to-speech

Portuguese (Brazil) typing

If i go to Add a Feature, all i have the option for is Supplemental Fonts in languages other than Portuguese.

After installing the language pack i now have Microsoft Daniel Mobile and Microsoft Maria Mobile as Text to Speech voice options, so I can confirm that worked correctly.

If i go to the language options for Portuguese it does not ask me to install anything else.

What do i have to do to get Portuguese as an option in the Speech Language drop down so that i can use Cortanta in Portuguese?

United Steaks of America, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese

language got changed to portuguese

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes?
    • Have you installed Portuguese language in the computer?
    • How did you upgrade the operating system to Windows 10?

Please get back to us with the information.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese

1. Windows 10 Language: some stuck in portuguese - Similar Threads - Language stuck portuguese

2. Language Stuck on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  3. Language Stuck on Language Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Stuck on Language Bar: Hello there,I recently bought a new laptop and was installing languages I need on it. As a Japanese learner, I need Japanese and I'm in the UK so I got the English UK pack, too, however, there is now an English US language stuck on the language bar. I know it's not a big...
  4. Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian...: Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian characters. I've tried changing the language and region settings to portuguese, both in chrome and windows and still nothing changed. I've tried changing the font in chrome and also nothing....
  5. Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian...: Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian characters. I've tried changing the language and region settings to portuguese, both in chrome and windows and still nothing changed. I've tried changing the font in chrome and also nothing....
  6. Windows is replacing some Portuguese characters in my browser with apparently Russian...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 losing some language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 losing some language pack: In my company we are starting to change our system from Windows LTSB 2016 deployed with Mirage to Windows 10 CB deployed with SCCM. Most of it works as expected at the exception of the Languages pack being lost sometimes on the new machines (that would be once a week or...
  8. FIX IT, please. I am a user only. ( My native language is portuguese )

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FIX IT, please. I am a user only. ( My native language is portuguese ): After the recent Windows 10 , my Merc Zboard Keyboard drivers have stopped working. Specifically the Alpham164.sys is not being activate/trusted in Device Manager....
  9. Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  10. How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...: Hello All. The new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 I bought two weeks ago came with a Windows 10 single language pack. The original language is English. I wanted a Portuguese Windows installed, thinking that I would be able to operate with both languages. After installing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot.change my.windows 10 language portuguese.to.english

2. change standard language in lpksetup

3. lpksetup

4. windows stuck in portuguese