Windows 10: windows 10 language sometimes wrong

Discus and support windows 10 language sometimes wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; first of all sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, spent an hour trying to get my questions submitted but it absolutely wouldnt let me in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bobbeloos, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Bobbeloos Win User

windows 10 language sometimes wrong

first of all sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, spent an hour trying to get my questions submitted but it absolutely wouldnt let me in any browser without telling me why and it turned out my vpn was blocked without any mention or warning so im not gonna retype it all neatly for the 5th time sorryso my windows 10 sometimes displays the wrong language. it should all be set to English. when it shuts down for instance, it becomes Dutch. when i check my event log it even shows events in Dunglish. heres an example:my settings are as follows:should i change my region? i customized my regional s

:)

Bobbeloos, Apr 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language

2. Ensure that English is at the top of the list of languages

3. Go to Advanced settings

4. Select English in the "Override for Windows display language"

5. Hit Save and then restart computer

Source:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Apr 23, 2021
  4. windows 10 language sometimes wrong

Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else)

I recently switched my system's display language from English (US) to Japanese, and then back. Everything is normal, except when I search for settings in the Settings window or the Start menu, which is still in Japanese. I have restarted multiple times, and done everything on this page and others:

How to change system language on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Here are my language settings, region, etc:

windows 10 language sometimes wrong [​IMG]

And yet...

I've even tried uninstalling the Japanese language pack, but no dice: the search remains in Japanese, as though the programs were renamed or something.

Any ideas? My version number is 20H2 build 19042.867.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem has solved itself, but I don't really know why. Here's what I can tell anyone experiencing the same problem. I followed the steps from this site: Windows Search Results in Wrong Language – sumselkawumsel . I'd done all of these things before and they didn't work, but for one reason or another, this time they did?

1. Open Control Panel (“Windows Settings”)
    2. Open “Time & Language”
    3. Click “Language” (on the left)
    4. Click “Administrative Language Settings” (on the right)
    5. A popup opened up, called “Region”. In the Tab “Administrative” and te field “Welcome screen and new user accounts”, click “Copy Settings”.
    6. Tick the boxes “Welcome screen and system accounts” and “new user accounts”.
    7. Click OK and reboot.
    8. In language settings, set the “old” language (Germany in my case) as display language, sign out of windows, sign in again.
    9. Set English as display language, sign out of windows and sign in again.

It may be that the solution only works if you do the steps in this exact order, I can't be sure. Also, when the computer asks to sign out automatically after switching the language, I said No both times, waited a few seconds, and then logged out via the Start Menu, which might be important.

There's really no logic to it, all I can say is to give it a shot... maybe multiple shots.

Blackdrazon, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 language sometimes wrong

1. windows 10 language sometimes wrong - Similar Threads - language sometimes wrong

2. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  3. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  4. Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language: I'm running an english Windows 10 Pro (20H2). Everything but the currency etc format is set to US-English. Still, some games (i.e. Blaston, Loop Hero) and some apps (i.e. some, but not all installers) launch in german (I am in germany). This is absolutely maddening,...
  5. Spellchecking wrong language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spellchecking wrong language: I'm trying to use English as the default language for Windows and get it to spellcheck both Spanish and English but even getting Spanish as my default language Windows is not spellchecking my Spanish typing...
  6. Windows 10 sometimes tries to boot to wrong OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sometimes tries to boot to wrong OS: I used to have two versions of Windows 10 on my PC, W10 Pro and W10 insider programme. I have removed the latter but my PC sometimes still tries to boot into it causing a missing winload.exe error. I can get past it by pressing F9 and manually selecting Win10 Pro, but would...
  7. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar are in the wrong language: The language displayed by windows10 default Mail and Calender are not the same as the system language. They both display the keyboard language instead of the system language. How do I change this? I have tried changing the keyboard language and all the language settings...
  9. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...
  10. Wrong language on errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong language on errors: If I get an error message (or blue screen, not responding, etc), it displays on the original language of the system, even though I removed the entire language pack after originally upgrading to Windows 10 (didn't happen before the most recent update). How do I fix this, so...