Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop Dell G3 3590 running Windows 10 Home and my desktop Dell OptiPlex 745 running Windows 10 Pro both always instantly wake up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FyreDragon619, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

My Windows 10 laptop Dell G3 3590 running Windows 10 Home and my desktop Dell OptiPlex 745 running Windows 10 Pro both always instantly wake up from sleep when I tell them to go to sleep. I see that others are having this problem and I have already tried running the power troubleshooter and checked for any wake timers, both of which didn't help. And I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference, but my laptop is enrolled in the insider preview, but the issue happened even when I wasn't in the preview. Does anyone know of any fix for this issue? For the time being, I'm using hibernate, but it takes a while to resume, so I'd prefer it if I could use sleep. Thanks.

:)

FyreDragon619, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 20, 2021
  3. laptop in same homegroup wakes desktop from sleep

Hi,

After I put my windows 10 desktop to sleep, if I turn on a laptop in the same homegroup it wakes the desktop from sleep.

Any advice?

Thanks

justWaving, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly

Hello,

My PC keeps waking up almost instantly every time I put it to sleep. The wake source is listed below.

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Device

Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_00\3&11583659&1&A0

Friendly Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

Description: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

Manufacturer: Generic USB xHCI Host Controller

Can you please help me figure out how to fix this problem. I have Windows 10 PC with i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz. Thank you.

LeviMotter, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

1. Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep - Similar Threads - laptop desktop instantly

2. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 PC instantly, and somewhat inexplicably, wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC instantly, and somewhat inexplicably, wakes up from sleep: submitted by /u/pazzed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyv4jr/windows_10_pc_instantly_and_somewhat_inexplicably/
  6. Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly: Hello, My PC keeps waking up almost instantly every time I put it to sleep. The wake source is listed below. Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  7. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep: Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep. After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF. PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked. After manual shutdown & holding...
  10. Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?: I'm soo frustrated! Days of tweaking and I'm almost done and run into an issue like this. I put the pc to sleep and it turns back on instantly. I've narrowed it down to my Ethernet/lan but the thing is - it's always worked before. Now if I disable the Ethernet...