Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TimReynolds_861, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no problem. But now if I try to log into Windows 10 it won't recognise my fingerprint, it says my PIN is inactive due to changes in security, and when I try to enter my password, it say 'Enter your PIN below' but the field that you fill in says password. Whatever I fill in there, it is not recognised.

My wife is admin, so should I get her to remove me as a user, then I can add myself? I can log into another laptop no problem, it's just that laptop that is affected. Thanks

:)

TimReynolds_861, May 19, 2020
  2. Bruce+3 Win User

No field for PIN login

There is no field to enter a PIN or password when I want to log in to my new laptop. Instead, there is this message: “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in
    options.

Since I can’t log on to the laptop, I accessed my Microsoft account through my iPad. My new device is listed, but I found nothing relating to PINs or passwords.

I bought the laptop day before yesterday. Had no trouble accessing it yesterday. Please help me access it today!

Bruce+3, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 donot ask for PIN or Password when it is power On or Restarted.

I had windows 8.1 from which I updated to windows 10. I have set up password but it does not ask for Password everytime I boot up my Laptop. Sometimes it asks and sometimes it doesnt. Then I set up PIN and after setting up PIN it asked me to enter PIN
    only for first time after that it whenever I start up Laptop it bypass Login Process and show desktop. What should I do?

JoshiAbhishek005, May 19, 2020
  4. Gawin91 Win User

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Windows 10 asks for password instead of PIN

I restarted my Windows 10 laptop and out of the blue, the login screen decides to ask for a password instead of my PIN which it usually does. Now I don't even remember if iIever set up a password, but if I did, I am very certain that there is only one I
    would have used, but it says it's incorrect. I want to ask if there is a way to make it ask for my PIN instead.

Also, for some reason it isn't showing internet connection even though i have it connected through ethernet.

Gawin91, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

1. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field - Similar Threads - laptop asks PIN

2. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update: Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't find the field where I put it, instead I found a "sign in" option, which doesn't do anything at all when I click. Please look...
  3. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update: Hi Microsoft community,I recently updated windows 10, but when I restarted to complete the update, I tried to type my PIN to sign in, but I couldn't find the field where I put it, instead I found a "sign in" option, which doesn't do anything at all when I click. Please look...
  4. Windows 10 PIN field is not showing after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password: I am unable to access my laptop at all as suddenly to login it is requesting a PIN. I do not recall ever setting up a PIN and have never changed settings to include this. Help please as I have no access at all....
  6. laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop suddenly asking for PIN rather than Password: I am unable to access my laptop at all as suddenly to login it is requesting a PIN. I do not recall ever setting up a PIN and have never changed settings to include this. Help please as I have no access at all....
  7. Windows asks for password instead of pin

Windows asks for password instead of pin: I ised to log in via pin, but today it asked for password, totally out of blue. I couldn’t figure the password so I reset it in my Microsoft account. But new password doesn’t work as well. What do I do?...
  8. Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead: My Windows 10 HP laptop is not taking my PIN anymore, all of a sudden. It's now asking for a password, and I already reset my account password, but that's not working. I have multiple school deadlines this weekend. I've tried resetting, going to Command Prompt, using all the...
  9. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...
  10. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....