Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TimReynolds_861, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Hope you can help. We returned our faulty Dell laptop to Currys due to a fan error message and battery charging issues. Those were all fixed no problem. But now if I try to log into Windows 10 it won't recognise my fingerprint, it says my PIN is inactive due to changes in security, and when I try to enter my password, it say 'Enter your PIN below' but the field that you fill in says password. Whatever I fill in there, it is not recognised.

My wife is admin, so should I get her to remove me as a user, then I can add myself? I can log into another laptop no problem, it's just that laptop that is affected. Thanks

:)

TimReynolds_861, May 19, 2020
  2. Bruce+3 Win User

No field for PIN login

There is no field to enter a PIN or password when I want to log in to my new laptop. Instead, there is this message: “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in
    options.

Since I can’t log on to the laptop, I accessed my Microsoft account through my iPad. My new device is listed, but I found nothing relating to PINs or passwords.

I bought the laptop day before yesterday. Had no trouble accessing it yesterday. Please help me access it today!

Bruce+3, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 donot ask for PIN or Password when it is power On or Restarted.

I had windows 8.1 from which I updated to windows 10. I have set up password but it does not ask for Password everytime I boot up my Laptop. Sometimes it asks and sometimes it doesnt. Then I set up PIN and after setting up PIN it asked me to enter PIN
    only for first time after that it whenever I start up Laptop it bypass Login Process and show desktop. What should I do?

JoshiAbhishek005, May 19, 2020
  4. Gawin91 Win User

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

Windows 10 asks for password instead of PIN

I restarted my Windows 10 laptop and out of the blue, the login screen decides to ask for a password instead of my PIN which it usually does. Now I don't even remember if iIever set up a password, but if I did, I am very certain that there is only one I
    would have used, but it says it's incorrect. I want to ask if there is a way to make it ask for my PIN instead.

Also, for some reason it isn't showing internet connection even though i have it connected through ethernet.

Gawin91, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field

1. Windows 10 laptop asks for PIN but shows password field - Similar Threads - laptop asks PIN

2. Windows 10 Asked for PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Asked for PIN: On startup, a very annoyinging full page add takes over...It is a request for a pin #... I wish to get rid of this add and not have it show up any more on start ups.. Is this possible?? Thank you Dave [Original Title: need to talk to a micro soft tech now]...
  3. New laptop asking for password!

in Windows 10 Customization
    New laptop asking for password!: Hi i recently bought an Acer aspire and way setting it up today. I got it all set up and was playing around with it. I turned off the password as im the only person using it and its not leaving the house. It went through and the computer said there was no password. All good....
  4. Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not ask me for PIN or password after startup: In the past I have used a PIN to log in to my desktop. I have removed the PIN for a short period of time and want to start using it again. I went to Settings - Accounts - Sign-In Options and added my new PIN. It says that my PIN is set up to sign in to Windows, etc but when I...
  5. Forgot Laptop pin and password - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Laptop pin and password - Windows 10: So I forgot the pin and password to my laptop I have tried booting in safe mode but it asks for my password which I don't know. I have tried to factory reset my laptop but it asks for my password. Every method that has been recommended asks for my password which I don't...
  6. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....
  7. Airpods asking for pin on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods asking for pin on laptop.: My airpods stopped connecting to my laptop today and now they require a pin to connect, but there is nowhere to type the pin?. I've tried troubleshooting and uninstalling my Bluetooth drivers. It simply says "check the pin and try connecting again"....
  8. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...
  9. Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking for password after resetting, which asked for pin all the time before the...: After resetting my laptop to fix the little slowdown from about 30 minutes of gameplay, it is now asking for a password that I don't even remember putting. There is literally no other option but to enter my username and password, or email and password. I entered everything I...
  10. Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username

Windows 10 - No Field for Password and/or Username: Hello, My organization has been having an issue for a few months now where a user will try to unlock their Windows 10 computer but no field populates to enter their password. Sometimes the username will appear, other times nothing will appear. On the lock screen you can...