Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop is randomly auto-locking while being used (gaming or non-gaming). I don't really know the problem about this. Yes, auto-locking. or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rgbarroga, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem

Hi,

My laptop is randomly auto-locking while being used (gaming or non-gaming). I don't really know the problem about this.

Yes, auto-locking. or just saying that it is "Locking" in a split second and then turns off like shuts down.

All drivers are up-to-date according to Driver Easy.

here are my specs:

https://imgur.com/a/Ekjp5LU

submitted by /u/rgbarroga
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rgbarroga, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 25, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem

1. Windows 10 laptop auto locking problem - Similar Threads - laptop auto locking

2. windows laptop auto lock and built-in screen backlight problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows laptop auto lock and built-in screen backlight problem: Hello guys: I got my hands on a new Gigabyte gaming laptop AORUS 15X, 2023 new model . So far i found 2 issues below that i can`t solve: 1: when i connect to a external display, and set to second screen only on display setting, but the backlight of the built-in display...
  3. windows laptop auto lock and built-in screen backlight problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows laptop auto lock and built-in screen backlight problem: Hello guys: I got my hands on a new Gigabyte gaming laptop AORUS 15X, 2023 new model . So far i found 2 issues below that i can`t solve: 1: when i connect to a external display, and set to second screen only on display setting, but the backlight of the built-in display...
  4. Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates: Updated: when I first posted I thought it was auto-locking, in fact it is neither auto-locking nor auto-hibernatingExpected functionality: Windows auto-locks after x seconds then auto-hibernates after y minutes of inactivityActual functionality: Windows never locks or...
  5. Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates

Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates: Updated: when I first posted I thought it was auto-locking, in fact it is neither auto-locking nor auto-hibernatingExpected functionality: Windows auto-locks after x seconds then auto-hibernates after y minutes of inactivityActual functionality: Windows never locks or...
  6. Windows 11 laptop auto locks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop auto locks: Hello Everyone,After the latest update I noticed laptop is locking on its own while I am actively using it. Issue starter appearing at around 20% battery, issue stopped appearing after device was plugged in. Auto lock is turned off. The laptop is Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i. Can you...
  7. Windows 11 laptop auto locks

Windows 11 laptop auto locks: Hello Everyone,After the latest update I noticed laptop is locking on its own while I am actively using it. Issue starter appearing at around 20% battery, issue stopped appearing after device was plugged in. Auto lock is turned off. The laptop is Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i. Can you...
  8. My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking: I am having trouble with my laptop that keeps hibernating/locking itself. I have tried a past method on your website which doesn’t seem to be working for me either....
  9. Laptop auto scroll problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop auto scroll problem: My laptop is auto scrolling. That's why i can't work on my laptop for this problem. there is nothing that i can do about it. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-auto-scroll-problem/ddbb207f-06fb-4861-a329-6ae310186a2e
  10. Auto lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto lock: I have been trying to disable my auto lock on windows 10pro and it will just not work. I have done most of the tutorials on the internet and none of them have worked. If anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/ColecraftA...