Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.450 I wanted to mention that after closing my laptop lid, and then re-opening, the backlight of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarrettBoone, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION

Windows 10 Home, version 2004, build 19041.450

I wanted to mention that after closing my laptop lid, and then re-opening, the backlight of the display is dim. I would estimate it to be about 50% of the normal brightness which I have set to 100% typically. It is not able to be corrected using the brightness display settings, as it shows to be already set to 100%. This problem is intermittent, and maybe related to a recent update.

Based on a previous post from years ago, I normally uninstall the display driver, and then reboot. I have anHP Pavilion g series model.

Today instead of uninstalling, I went to Device Manager > Display adapters and then right-clickedProperties on the display adapter. I then Disabled the device, which made the backlight go to a very minimal setting, and then Enabled the device, which brought the screen back to full brightness.

Just passing along in case it helps, since I have never read anywhere to try this.

:)

GarrettBoone, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Tazza73 Win User

Backlight on Password Entry

I had a similar problem during a call This was the solution I found - it may be the same solution as when on the password prompt screen:

Taken from this page:

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/ATT+Tilt+and+Backlight

"The AT&T Tilt comes with a default backlight Time out of 10-15 seconds. Users do have the option to modify these settings on their device however, on an active call the custom settings will be ignored and the back light will dim and go out after 10 seconds.
    The back light timeout is set at 10-15 seconds to maximize battery life on the device.

To turn the backlight on while on a call:
    There are 2 ways to turn the AT&T Tilts backlight on while on a call.

• Press the Power Button located on the right side of the device once.
    • Scroll up or down using the scroll wheel located on the left side of the device."

Tazza73, Sep 4, 2020
  3. zorak1066 Win User
    Dell E6400 windows 10- on windows updates, backlight issues?

Hello.
    I have a Dell Latitude E6400 with windows 10 (home edition i think) , long past warranty (bought on ebay). When i first got it , i had not yet set up my wifi so i had not downloaded or applied any windows updates, and all was well (just no internet). This monday i hooked up wifi and everything worked great! until the laptop went out and self updated with all the missing updates (about 10 of them).

When it rebooted to apply the updates, it looked like the monitor went black. i looked really close and could see a faint white border of a pic i have on the desktop so it seems like one of the 'updates' knocked out my backlight.

To test if it is my laptop i hooked it up to a vga monitor with a cable. On reboot both the laptop display and the monitor worked fine... for a few minutes.

while the image on the external monitor stayed fine, the laptop display kept going bright/dim/bright/dim... then went nearly completely black again.

on reboot , while the laptop is loading bios the display works. the moment it gets to loading windows the screen goes back to nearly completely black.

i tried googling 'windows 10 update laptop display not working' and see tons of conflicting and unhelpful suggestions from reflashing bios to reloading os to dismantling laptop and replacing this and that til something works. ive seen suggestions that it is the display driver... the sensor services... adaptive brightness control... i see tons of posts from ppl with all makes and models of laptops having this issue with windows 10 knocking out backlight... but no sure solution. what worked for one , another says nope. didnt work for them. i'm trying to like windows 10 but this is frustrating the heck out of me. windows 7 and xp never knocked out my display on any of my laptops over time after an update.

can someone please point me in the direction of a fix for this? it was fine until windows updates were applied. i'm losing what's left of my hair over this. i guess i could just hook up a monitor and use it as a desktop but that kind of defeats the reason for buying a laptop.

help?

zorak1066, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION

i happened to dim backlight upto zero

after dimming up to zero, I lost the cursor, now I cant get the backlight setting again. how can you help me, because after switching off the pc the backlight is still zero

TimothyMuchina, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION

1. Windows 10 laptop backlight dim - SOLUTION - Similar Threads - laptop backlight dim

2. keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop: Hi guys , i can not light up my keyboard on my windows 10. Huawei laptop* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-on-my-huawei-laptop/18e75063-cbaa-465e-851c-07efdbf490c6
  3. keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop: Hi guys , i can not light up my keyboard on my windows 10. Hauwei laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-on-my-huawei-laptop/18e75063-cbaa-465e-851c-07efdbf490c6
  4. hlow to access laptop keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hlow to access laptop keyboard backlight: Keyboard does not light up when keys touched https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hlow-to-access-laptop-keyboard-backlight/c21305ac-b97e-4023-88d3-9a9acbc92b0a
  5. Backlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight: Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire Notebook A715 running window 10, as I get older and my eyesight fails I would like to have the backlight keyboard remain on while the laptop is on. If this can be done please advise me.Thank you in advance Ian @ *** Email address is removed for...
  6. Backlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backlight: Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire Notebook A715 running window 10, as I get older and my eyesight fails I would like to have the backlight keyboard remain on while the laptop is on. If this can be done please advise me.Thank you in advance Ian @ *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions?: Does anyone have a fix for-Screen dimming on its own Elitebook windows 10- solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming-on-its-own-elitebook-windows-10/c5ff65a8-31f3-488b-bc1d-0834b67f18b0
  8. Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working

Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working: Laptop Keyboard Backlights Not Working (letters don't light up anymore) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-backlights-not-working/fe78d7ac-2f93-413d-81ae-f976458a5fa1
  9. Lenovo laptop wired keyboard backlight

Lenovo laptop wired keyboard backlight: How do I turn on my Lenovo laptop wired keyboard backlight? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/lenovo-laptop-wired-keyboard-backlight/a54c421d-ec78-4497-9464-fcddae3efa79
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem: Basically, whenever i am in a game, my screen automatically dims, i would say to about 60-70% brightness. The only way to increase the brightness again is to tab out. I had actually somehow managed to fix this problem, but it began again after i accidentally removed my...