Windows 10: Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged

Discus and support Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The laptop battery is now draining 20% overnight when the laptop is shutdown and unplugged.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noclark1, Oct 24, 2015.

1. noclark1 Win User

Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The laptop battery is now draining 20% overnight when the laptop is shutdown and unplugged. With Windows 7 the battery drainage was negligible (even over a week). The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Type 1143-3FU. The Thinkpad has a red light which glows while on. After shutdown it now flashes a few times after shutdown before stopping (rather than just going out) which indicates to me that something is still running, but I do not know what. The laptop battery is good. The computer does not appear to be hibernating because when I start the computer it shows the Lenovo screen first thing. Any suggestions?

:)

noclark1, Oct 24, 2015
  2. Ankiit Win User

Battery draining in Sleeping mode in Windows 10

can you please help me out with the same. What should be done and how to prevent battery drainage in my laptop with Windows 10.

Ankiit, Oct 24, 2015
  3. WardupQY Win User
    Laptop shuts down when power is unplugged after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Today my HP Elitebook 8560w did a windows 10 update. After this update, my laptop shuts down instantly when I unplug the powercord (found out when I unplugged about half an hour after the update). No normal shutdown, but just like a forced shutdown. I unplug
    and poof, everything is off. The battery is fully charged and I never had any problems with the battery (the battery is only 1.5 year old, the laptop 4.5 years). Laptop doesn't respond to anything until I plug the powercord back in, after which it functions
    normal. I tried changing power options, restarting, nothing seems to work.

I updated to Windows 10 this summer. Back then I had the problem of the black screen with cursor that showed up instead of the login screen after updating, but apart from that never had problems with Windows 10.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks!

WardupQY, Oct 24, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2015
  5. noclark1 Win User
    Thanks. With Fast Startup turned off, there is no abnormal battery drain.

noclark1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged - Similar Threads - Laptop battery drainage

2. windows 11 battery drainage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 battery drainage: Have brand new HP 17inch laptop with W11 and noticed that battery drains over night from 100% to 3% even if laptop is switched off. Even with suggested fix on youtube nothing helps, and because of that people are switching back to W10 ! For example: I have important meting...
  3. windows 11 battery drainage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 battery drainage: Have brand new HP 17inch laptop with W11 and noticed that battery drains over night from 100% to 3% even if laptop is switched off. Even with suggested fix on youtube nothing helps, and because of that people are switching back to W10 ! For example: I have important meting...
  4. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  5. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  6. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  7. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  8. Battery drainage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while gaming: I have a g5 15 5587 dell laptop i never had this problem with windows 10 but every time i play my game my battery drains while i have it plugged in and i have windows 11 now and now my battery drains down to nothing if there is no fix how do i go back to windows 10 with no go...
  9. Battery drainage while gaming

Battery drainage while gaming: I have a g5 15 5587 dell laptop i never had this problem with windows 10 but every time i play my game my battery drains while i have it plugged in and i have windows 11 now and now my battery drains down to nothing if there is no fix how do i go back to windows 10 with no go...
  10. HEATING AND BATTERY DRAINAGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEATING AND BATTERY DRAINAGE: Sir, i have dell inspiron 15-3521 mode very fine working with windows 8.1 condition. Problem is that a few days ago when i upgrade to windows 10 laptop working fine but near processor area too heat compare to windows 8 or windows 8.1 and also fan rotating high....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery draining fast after resetting windows 10 1903