Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I installed Microsoft NET framework update, my laptop won't boot up. It fails to boot, enters automatic repair and loads up a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deflater, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Deflater Win User

Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.

Ever since I installed Microsoft NET framework update, my laptop won't boot up. It fails to boot, enters automatic repair and loads up a black screen with a cursor on it. Nothing is accesable, nothing works. I cannot enter the boot recovery either "on and off three times" thing does absolutely NOTHING. I just keep getting the "automatic repair" screen then it goes to a plain black screen.

Nothing I have tried works. At ALL. I have followed every single online tip going and its all a massive waste of time.

Please do not suggest making YET ANOTHER bootup USB drive, because last time it took hours and it didn't work claiming it cannot record to the drives in my laptop.

This is ridiculous. I've had this problem for 2 weeks. I've not even used this laptop for half hour in that time. I bought it from Cash Converters and this is ALL I've been doing on it since. Can someone PLEASE help me out here.

:)

Deflater, Jun 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 12, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    RCoon, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.

Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything. [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.

1. Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything. - Similar Threads - Laptop boots black

2. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Hello. A few months ago, I was having problems with installing an update and now I’m having problems booting the laptop up. I dropped my laptop on the floor, tried to boot it up and got an automatic repair preparation screen. After that screen a blank CMD flashes on the...
  3. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Hello. A few months ago, I was having problems with installing an update and now I’m having problems booting the laptop up. I dropped my laptop on the floor, tried to boot it up and got an automatic repair preparation screen. After that screen a blank CMD flashes on the...
  4. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Dear Microsoft Community I am here to ask for your help, just recently my laptop with OS windows 10, after I boot-up the system the company logo appears along with white circle loading animation, after that it runs the automatic repair and goes in to black screen with cursor....
  6. Laptop black screen after boot up

Laptop black screen after boot up: When I turn my laptop on, after windows logo it is showing black screen even keyboard is not working at that time. Can anyone fix this issue asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-black-screen-after-boot-up/a6bd66ee-792e-4930-abef-8d58e0557cf8
  7. Black screen can't do anything!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen can't do anything!: Hi guys, I'm desperate... My computer all of the sudden started to go into the black screen with the cursor after doing the normal login user/password procedure. This didn't happen after a download of a new version of windows update, I just turned it on one day and it stayed...
  8. Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10)

Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10): Hello I'm speaking on behalf for a problem on my dads computer. A month ago when trying to restart the computer (It had not been rebooted in roughly 6 months) It came up with the "operating system not found try disconnecting any drives" error message. I removed all drives...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop results in to black screen after Automatic Repair.

Windows 10 Laptop results in to black screen after Automatic Repair.: Ever since I installed Microsoft NET framework update, my laptop won't boot up. It fails to boot, enters automatic repair and loads up a black screen with a cursor on it. Nothing is accesable, nothing works. I cannot enter the boot recovery either "on and off three times"...
  10. Black screen after automatic repair windows 10

Black screen after automatic repair windows 10: My Lenovo laptop has this issue. Moreover, crtl+alt+ delete isn't work in order to go task manager. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/black-screen-after-automatic-repair-windows-10/5ddb09bc-67f4-489a-80b3-a03133bb705f