Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart.

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart. in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jefffrey, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jefffrey Win User

Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart.

Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart.

:)

Jefffrey, Jul 13, 2020

2. Unable to type in the search bar in windows 10

I can only type one character in the search box in windows 10 and the box closes.
    I have tried

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe

• SFC /SCANNOW

• Stopped and restarted cortana

• Checked windows search service to insure it was running

• I can past words into the search bar from note pad and it seems to work that way

• It seems to work ok under a different user profile.

• window version 1607 (OSBuild 14393.1066)

texashonda, Jul 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jul 13, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

John Ado, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop can not type in search bar. Already checked services and stop and restart. - Similar Threads - laptop type search

2. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  3. Can search but cannot directly type in windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can search but cannot directly type in windows search bar: Hi there,I have read and tried every solution to fix the inability to search in windows. Nothing worked. As I was trying every suggestion I found that I can search but only typing text somewhere and then pasting it in the windows search bar! Also, I would like to mention that...
  4. Windows 10: Can not type in search bar tried everything

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can not type in search bar tried everything: I am unable to type in the search bar of windows 10. The start menu opens but if I click in the search box it won't let me type and closes itself. I have reset my windows 10 followed all youtube tutorials followed...
  5. Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't Type on Windows 10 search Bar: I try these video methods on youtube and none of these works when I restart my computer. Can you help me please? thank you this is youtube link description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFLuAnaNtI with more than 700,000 viewers...
  6. i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar

in Cortana
    i can not type in the windows search bar or in settings or xbox game bar: I have tried probably 100 methods in the past 4 hours trying to fix this but once I get it I restart my pc and it doesn't work anymore pls help me....
  7. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  8. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...
  9. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"
  10. How can I restart Windows Search service?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I restart Windows Search service?: Hello, I recently did windows updates, did the anniversary update among a few other updates. If you need a full list of all the updates I have done let me know. I want to re-enable windows index service. I need to have all of my documents, notes, and emails. If you go to...