Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Today I decided to reset my old Inspiron 15 7000 from 2017 and clear off all of my files to then transfer over my Windows 10 OS to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Qxot, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Qxot Win User

Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset

Hello all,

Today I decided to reset my old Inspiron 15 7000 from 2017 and clear off all of my files to then transfer over my Windows 10 OS to my laptop's SSD, something I've been wanting to do but waited until I build my desktop PC in the summer of 2018. I've put it off until today when I decided to stop letting this thing collect dust, and so I backed up all the stuff I had on my laptop and then proceeded to reset it. All went well until I hit the screen that reads "Hi there," along with 4 options which were the usual "choose the country you live in" and "what language do you prefer to use" questions that you'd normally get with a new device. I hit the Next button and then connected to my WiFi network, and I was greeted with a "Just a moment..." screen. I waited for a few minutes and I saw that I went right back to the "Hi there" screen once again. I entered in my information again, but instead of the screen that lets me choose a network to connect to, I was greeted with a screen that read "Why did my PC restart?" I included a screenshot of the entire screen along with my post for reference. I made sure my laptop was connected to its charger and I also plugged in an Ethernet cable to make sure the WiFi wasn't the problem, but I still went back to the same screen.

I then turned off my laptop and turned it back on but I ended up back at the "Hi there" screen once again. I searched around the internet to see if anyone else has had this issue and what I should do to fix this, and I could only find one other person who had this issue, but they never posted if they fixed the problem. I also tried to see if I can get to the Windows recovery options screen and I was able to do that, but I'm at a loss at what I should do after that. I tried booting my laptop into Safe Mode but I ended up at another "Just a moment..." screen for about an hour and gave up on that. I then tried to reset my PC once again through the recovery options screen but it wouldn't let me perform another reset, presumably because I'm still in the middle of a reset I guess. I can also get into the BIOS screen, but again, I'm not sure what I should do in there, if anything at all.

I would very much appreciate any help with regards to solving this problem.

Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 Factory Reset Infinite Boot Loop

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Boot loop, I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset - 64% Infinite Loop

Hello,

I recently attempted to reset my Asus G46VW laptop to factory settings because I would like to give it to one of my friends without all of my personal information and drives on it. When I used this laptop, it initially came with Windows 8.. I upgraded it
    to Windows 10 when Microsoft offered a free upgrade. When I attempted to reset the laptop to factory default, I received a message stating "Your PC has been reset but we couldn't remove all your personal files. If you plan to give away or recycle the PC, try
    resetting again". After receiving this message, I clicked next.

My laptop then went into re-installing Windows 10, which has caused me many headaches so far. Firstly, I let the update run for about 5 hours only for it to be stuck on 10% update progress with drives at 15%. I reset the laptop and received the message "The
    Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" - to which I followed the steps in this thread (Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows 7 Recovery)
    to solve. After I applied that fix, I am now running into a problem where when I attempt to boot the laptop for the upgrade, it loads the Windows 10 startup screen, then quickly goes to the update screen where it briefly shows 64% progress completed, then
    immediately resets.

After resetting, the same thing continues to loop.. Reboot->Windows startup screen->64%->Reset.

Let me know if I can provide you with any information at all to solve this issue. I have been attempting to do a little research on the topic and have noticed some similar threads suggesting downloading Windows 10 image file onto a USB and boot from the
    BIOS.. but I am concerned that will withdraw the product key from my laptop, which was originally used/came with my laptop in the form of Windows 8 before the free upgrade.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

StevenTrunec, Feb 12, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop displays "Why did my PC restart?" infinite loop after factory reset - Similar Threads - laptop displays Why

2. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting: Ive had issues with windows updates in the past but they havent really affected much however recently i decided to factory reset my PC as, yes the updates didnt want to work, but also its just been quite slow recently. I have factory reset my PC before with no issues so i...
  3. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting: Ive had issues with windows updates in the past but they havent really affected much however recently i decided to factory reset my PC as, yes the updates didnt want to work, but also its just been quite slow recently. I have factory reset my PC before with no issues so i...
  4. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why did my pc restart? Infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did my pc restart? Infinite loop: The other day I wanted to reset my pc completely. I went to my settings and went to factory reset, and ended up doing so. Everything was perfectly fine and it reset everything. Until, after it was done resetting a blue screen popped up asking for a few language settings. Once...
  6. Why did my pc restart? Infinite loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my pc restart? Infinite loop: The other day I wanted to reset my pc completely. I went to my settings and went to factory reset, and ended up doing so. Everything was perfectly fine and it reset everything. Until, after it was done resetting a blue screen popped up asking for a few language settings. Once...
  7. Why did my pc restart? Infinite loop

8. “Why did my PC restart” infinite loop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Why did my PC restart” infinite loop Windows 11: Context: I have a desktop that was underperforming and storage was almost full, so I decided to reset it by underperforming, I mean that it was blue-screening and overall performance was bad. After finishing resetting, I was met with a screen to get info language, keyboard...
  9. “Why did my PC restart” infinite loop Windows 11

“Why did my PC restart” infinite loop Windows 11: Context: I have a desktop that was underperforming and storage was almost full, so I decided to reset it by underperforming, I mean that it was blue-screening and overall performance was bad. After finishing resetting, I was met with a screen to get info language, keyboard...
  10. "Why did your PC restart" infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Why did your PC restart" infinite loop: Hello, After doing a recent windows update, my pc began experiencing some problems. It wouldn't boot up after the log in screen. Icons and desktop wallpaper wouldn't showup and the screen would just remain frozen. So heres what i did to fix the issue. 1. From advance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my pc restart loop

2. windows 10 why did my pc restart loop

3. why did my pc restart loop reset

4. Why did my PC restart?,
  5. windows why did my pc restart loop tenforums,
  6. setup stuck at why my pc restart,
  7. why did my ,
  8. dell inspiron why did my pc start,
  9. why did my windows reset again,
  10. windows 10 reset why did my PC restart,
  11. alienware why did my pc restart screen,