Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Problem: So as the question states I am having problems when shutting down my laptop, windows does shutdown but the light on my power button stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SivakethanSuddapalli, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

My Problem:

So as the question states I am having problems when shutting down my laptop, windows does shutdown but the light on my power button stay on, on until the laptop is drained of battery or until I force close by holding power button.

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15-p077TX, with windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8,1)

The above issue started only last year (around the time I changed my laptop fan but I not sure that problem started before or after my fan change, as the old one started making noise), before that everything was working fine.

Things I have tried after searching on the internet for months:

• Switching off Fast Startup (Which I usually keep switched off).
    • Resetting the Windows 10 from inside Windows recovery options (Made a clean reset).
    • Making a bootable flash drive, and removing partitions related to windows and Re-Installing Windows.

When my problem goes away, temporarily:

Restart works fine, and also if I shutdown my laptop within 10 - 15 mins of booting up, it shuts down normally. Only If I used my laptp for long time like 2-3 hours or more, the above problem continues.

:)

SivakethanSuddapalli, Jul 17, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 can't fully shutdown after turn of the fast startup.

Hi Vinodh Kumar. V!

The problem appear again at my laptop. This Friday I was ask about the question "Windows 10 can't fully shutdown problem" and you help me out. I thought it won't appear again. But tonight, when I shutdown me laptop, my laptop can't fully shutdown again.
    I don't know why. I didn't made any change of my laptop and I also follow the steps you gave to me at Friday to fix the problem, but the problem appear again. Can you help me out?

Thank you.

Mr.Bear_PC, Jul 17, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

1. Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage - Similar Threads - Laptop does fully

2. Laptop shutdown after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutdown after startup: So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off. Any suggestions?...
  3. Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.: My laptop has windows 10 enterprise 64bit build 1703 and it is on company domain and bitlocker encryption is enabled on SSD. Sometime but not all the time, laptop takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout. Did the sfc scan and found nothing. An interesting thing I...
  4. RAM usage problem after "long" use

RAM usage problem after "long" use: Hello everyone since I have this new computer, I have several problems including that excessive use of ram The screen is capture after a few hours of using the PC with browser closed, it seems to me an too high usage of ram! if i restart the computer the usage back down but...
  5. Computer not fully shutdown

Computer not fully shutdown: Hello i update my Acer E1-572G to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have a huge problem , when i had windows 8.1 i install some update who keep my computer on when i shut down it but still happening to windows 10 . Any solutions? thanks in advance! 13503
  6. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10: That will certainly fix the issue. Thank you. I updated the windows 10 to Build 16299.371 and it shuts off much faster than before however Restart still takes a lot of time. Pretty much happy with the performance as well. Lets see how Windows 10 April update performs.
  7. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  8. Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not boot after forced shutdown: Hi, My HP Pavilion G6 laptop is no more booting into Windows 10 after I did a forced shutdown 3 days back when the system was hung. I am not sure if some Windows 10 update was running in the background when I forced a shutdown. Till now I have tried the following; -...
  9. Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer: I have 7 or 8 computers around the house, most dual boot Windows 10 pro x64 and Linux. When you shutdown a Windows machine and start a Linux machine there are errors and Linux won't boot (The HDD's weren't shutdown properly ~ the OS's have there own SSD's && share a data...
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot after unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot after unexpected shutdown: I have a laptop with a slightly damaged motherboard, which does not allow the laptop to derive power from the battery. Consequently, in case of a power shutdown, the laptop shuts down. The booting after this unexpected shutdown takes a very long time, during which the disk...