Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanoKelly, Jun 3, 2023.

1. DanoKelly Win User

Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks.

:)

DanoKelly, Jun 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 Photos cannot find Canon ZR800 connected via Firewire

I am using Windows 10. I plugged in a PCIe Firewire card and connect my Canon ZR800 MiniDV Camcorder to the Firewire port.

I can see Canon ZR800 in Devices and Printers.

Then I am trying to use Photos (replacement for Movie Maker, as I understand) to import video from Canon ZR800.

In Photos, when I click Import -> From a USB Device, it can't find the Canon ZR800.

Does Photos support Firewire device? Or I need to use a different software to import video via Firewire?

tokevinshen, Jun 3, 2023
  3. PC does not recognize my DV camcorder connected via Firewire

My PC used to recognize my Canon GL2 DV camcorder when I connected it to the Firewire port. Now it doesn't recognize it. I attached another Canon DV camcorder and the PC recognized this one and installed a driver for it automatically, but it still won't
    recognize the other one. There's a dialog box that used to pop up asking if I wanted to transfer videos from the camcorder when I plugged it in, but it no longer does this. Is something wrong with the camcorder, or is there a driver missing?

CarolCasper, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

Windows 10 64bit won't recognize my camcorder via firewire.

Hi Zane,

For us to isolate the concern, kindly answer the following:

• Does you Sharp DV Mini Camcorder works on other computer?
    • Have you tried using a different Firewire cable?
    • Do you still have any other devices or other Camcorder that can be connected using the Firewire? If so, have you tried connecting them using your Windows 10 computer to check if they will work?
    • Have you followed the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar? If so, kindly provide us the result.
    • What is happening when you're connecting your Sharp DV Mini Camcorder using Firewire? Are you receiving any error messages
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0... - Similar Threads - laptop does recognize

2. MiniDV camera recognized as audio device by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MiniDV camera recognized as audio device by computer: I've recently bought a 15 year old Mini-DV Sony handycam DCR HC45e to use in a few short films. Camera is in great condition and seems to be working perfectly, except for the fact no computer seems to recognize it properly. They do recognize a device has been connected...
  3. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is not recognizing my JVC camcorder: I have a JVC camcorder with video just taken. When I plug the cable into the USB port, it says Windows doesn't recognize the device. The video is of a family member at a nursing home. I really would like to upload it and send it to other relatives and family members. I've...
  6. How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?: When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. How can I get the video on...
  7. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder: Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices'...
  8. Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Win10 not recognizing camcorder: Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under...
  9. Canon ZR600 Camcorder transfer video to Windows 10

Canon ZR600 Camcorder transfer video to Windows 10: I have a Canon ZR600 camcorder that uses the old mini dv tapes. I am trying to transfer to my Windows 10 PC. I have installed a PCI Express card and have the Firewire that came with it. OS says the driver was installed. Nothing happens on the PC when I connect the camcorder...
  10. My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder

My laptop doesn't recognize my Camcorder: when I connect my Canon Vixia HF R50 to my Laptop windows 10 nothing happens on my Laptop but the USB sign flashes on camcorder screen Moved from: Windows 10 / Connect Phone & PC...