Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gpascott1, Mar 5, 2022.

1. gpascott1 Win User

Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in the building are listed, but not the one for this unit. All of us in the unit with Apple equipment phones, iPads and laptops are able to connect to the unit's wifi with no problem, as is one newer Windows 10 laptop. My Dell Latitude has always been connected to my wifi at home, and did connect to the wifi in 2 hotels as we traveled here, but for some reason the network for this unit does not even show up in the list of those available. Any

:)

gpascott1, Mar 5, 2022

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Mar 5, 2022
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Mar 5, 2022
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network - Similar Threads - laptop does available

2. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  3. How do I see available WIFI networks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I see available WIFI networks?: When I'm connected to WIFI I can see a list of available networks, but if my very unstable modem boots me out and I want to reconnect I cannot see a list of available networks. I don't even see a WIFI icon. I have to restart my computer to reconnect....
  4. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network: I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in the building are listed, but not the one for this unit. All of us in the unit with Apple equipment phones, iPads and laptops...
  5. Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop does not see available wifi network: I am in a Florida condo with my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop running Windows 10, and am trying to connect to the unit's wifi. Many available networks in the building are listed, but not the one for this unit. All of us in the unit with Apple equipment phones, iPads and laptops...
  6. Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop cannot see WiFi networks: My laptop has lost the ability to see available WiFi networks, including my home network, so is unable to connect to the internet unless it has a LAN cable attached, in which case it accesses the internet without any issues. It used to work fine on either LAN or WiFi, its...
  7. How to see available wifi networks on Windows 10 dekstop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to see available wifi networks on Windows 10 dekstop?: I am seeing any available internet networks when clicking on the internet icon of Windows 10. How to fix that? Is there any option of seeing WiFi networks around me on Dekstop yet? And I also not seeing any option of wifi in change adapter...... Please help me............
  8. No available wifi networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No available wifi networks: I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop, which I just recently repaired keyboard wasn't connected properly and it doesn't want to show any wifi networks even though they appear on my phone. The only time it has shown an available wifi network was when I stood right next to my router,...
  9. Cannot see Available Wifi Network on Windows 10

Cannot see Available Wifi Network on Windows 10: I cannot see available wifi networks on Windows 10. It happened because of one of the windows update. How do I resolve this issue? Below picture it is what looks like when clicking the wifi icon on the bottom right corner. [ATTACH] But I can see list of available wifi...
  10. Wifi Available networks are not showing in laptop

Wifi Available networks are not showing in laptop: hi , my laptop does not show all the wifi available network , before it used to show all available networks after restart, but from today it doesn't show all the available networks . Showing some wifi networks which Is not my wifi network...