Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have a Windows 10 HP laptop. For the past few weeks, my laptop started behaving weirdly. Every popup I open, closes immediately. For ex:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaychan42, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Jaychan42 Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

Hello,I have a Windows 10 HP laptop. For the past few weeks, my laptop started behaving weirdly. Every popup I open, closes immediately. For ex: clicking on windows key on the keyboard opens the windows menu and gets closed instantly. Not just the standalone apps but the chrome functions are also affected. I have found a way to overcome this. CLICKING AND HOLDING DOWN ANY KEY ON THE KEYBOARD WHILE PERFORMING ANY ACTION IS HELPING ME OVERCOME THESE ISSUES. That way, my laptop is functioning perfectly. can anyone tell me what exactly is the issue with my laptop and how to resolve it.Thanks in a

:)

Jaychan42, Aug 3, 2022

2. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 3, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

1. Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a... - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't perform

2. Keys won't register unless I hold down another key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys won't register unless I hold down another key: My laptop won't register two keys j and p. The way I get them to register by holding down on another key while pressing one of the j/p shift + j, q + j, etc.. The problem started when I was playing Multiversus on keyboard. There are charged attacks and when I do them, I press...
  3. Keys won't register unless I hold down another key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys won't register unless I hold down another key: My laptop won't register two keys j and p. The way I get them to register by holding down on another key while pressing one of the j/p shift + j, q + j, etc.. The problem started when I was playing Multiversus on keyboard. There are charged attacks and when I do them, I press...
  4. Keys won't register unless I hold down another key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...: Hello,I have a Windows 10 HP laptop. For the past few weeks, my laptop started behaving weirdly. Every popup I open, closes immediately. For ex: clicking on windows key on the keyboard opens the windows menu and gets closed instantly. Not just the standalone apps but the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...

Windows 10 laptop doesn't perform any function correctly/completely unless I hold down a...: Hello,I have a Windows 10 HP laptop. For the past few weeks, my laptop started behaving weirdly. Every popup I open, closes immediately. For ex: clicking on windows key on the keyboard opens the windows menu and gets closed instantly. Not just the standalone apps but the...
  7. Spacebar doesn't work unless I hold down ctrl.

Spacebar doesn't work unless I hold down ctrl.: Spacebar, ctrl, alt, and the windows key don't work properly. I struggle with alt-tabbing and copying and pasting with ctrl doesn't work either. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from device manager already....
  8. Spacebar doesn't work unless I hold down ctrl.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar doesn't work unless I hold down ctrl.: Spacebar, ctrl, alt, and the windows key don't work properly. I struggle with alt-tabbing and copying and pasting with ctrl doesn't work either. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from device manager already....
  9. Spacebar doesn't work unless I hold down ctrl.

10. Laptop performance slows down

Laptop performance slows down: Dear Sir, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series . After this recent update to windows 10 it slows down i am fed up with its performance despite intel pentium processor & 4GB RAM. Please advice what should i do or Should i call for Dell Support so that my problem could be...