Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This randomly happened to me after I held down the power button to turn off my PC. When I restart, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarioHaz, Jan 2, 2020.

1. MarioHaz Win User

Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot

This randomly happened to me after I held down the power button to turn off my PC. When I restart, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing your PC" until it comes up with the advanced options stuff. Resetting the PC fails, and so does other repair methods, so I'm pretty much stuck. I tried messing around with command prompt by using chkdsk /r on C: and it said it could not run due to the volume being in use. It asked me if I wanted to dismount my C drive and I type N. Boot drive cannot use chkdsk as it is a write protected drive I think the boot drive has something to do with ROM, seeing as ROM stands for Read Only Memory. I tried using D drive a random CD that was in my PC but realize it's disk size is too small to utilise for back up purposes. Also, I tried doing sfc /scannow on the C drive but it said that Windows Resource Protection cannot be used it was something along those lines. This is really inconvenient as this is my only PC until I come back from holiday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MarioHaz, Jan 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Jan 2, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

RCoon, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot - Similar Threads - Laptop failing Automatic

2. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  3. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  4. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My PC doesn't boot, the automatic repairs fails to repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesn't boot, the automatic repairs fails to repair: Hi,Please I need help.My Laptop refuses to boot. It's stuck on the "preparing automatic repairs" for a few minutes then it gives another message that it failed....then proceeds to this unending loop at the logo.How do I solve this please? Help!...
  6. My PC doesn't boot, the automatic repairs fails to repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesn't boot, the automatic repairs fails to repair: Hi,Please I need help.My Laptop refuses to boot. It's stuck on the "preparing automatic repairs" for a few minutes then it gives another message that it failed....then proceeds to this unending loop at the logo.How do I solve this please? Help!...
  7. Automatic repair fails

Automatic repair fails: When I start my computer first it pops up preparing automatic repair and then diagnosing your pc and then the problem Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc I tried so many way to fix this problem but no none of them work . I tried to reset my pc while keeping all my...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve

Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...
  10. Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair, Fails, boots on second try.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair, Fails, boots on second try.: This is a Dell Precision M7510. Has a Samsung 950 NVME 512GB SSD in the M.2 slot as the main OS drive. A secondary 512GB SSD is installed in the SATA slot as a DATA drive. This system has Windows 10 Pro on it, installed from an imaging software at our work. Countless other...