Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following my 2nd Windows 10 update, when I switch on all I get is a blank dark screen with the small rotating dotted wheel turning. The cursor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tilly1RQ, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Tilly1RQ Win User

Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up

Following my 2nd Windows 10 update, when I switch on all I get is a blank dark screen with the small rotating dotted wheel turning. The cursor is working and I have also tried Control Alt Delete without success. How can I get out of this please ?

:)

Tilly1RQ, Sep 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up

1. Windows 10 laptop failing to boot up - Similar Threads - laptop failing boot

2. Lenovo boot up fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo boot up fail: I have a Levono IdeaPad S145, It came up with an error code d0000452. Computer starts okay, then the Levono logo comes up and highlights it's attempting a repair, from there none of the advanced options work, so I'm stuck.Most recent was an windows 10 update, I have tried to...
  3. Failing to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failing to boot up: PC won't boot up, it looks like it's stuck in sleep mode. The mouse appears and will move but there is nothing to point to. The screen is blue black... Tried to turn the pc on and off 3times.. Open in safe mode via winRE.. No luck. Help, Please, and thank you......
  4. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.I restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  5. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.E i restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  6. Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot

Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot: This randomly happened to me after I held down the power button to turn off my PC. When I restart, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing your PC" until it comes up with the advanced options stuff. Resetting the PC fails, and so does other repair methods, so I'm...
  7. Windows 10 laptop not booting up

Windows 10 laptop not booting up: My WIndows 10 based lapatop started giving me the PXE-E61 media test error. I tried following a few instructions and videos online, which had me go into the BIOS the Aptio Setup Utility, but now all I get is "Reboot an Select Proper Boot Device." I downloaded a Create Windows...
  8. LAPTOP FAILS TO BOOT - WINDOWS 10

LAPTOP FAILS TO BOOT - WINDOWS 10: My laptop refuses to boot as it normally did. When I press the power button it will load to the manufacturer's logo with the infinite rotating dots at the bottom but then that's where it will stay forever. I turn of the laptop and then turn it on again this time going back to...
  9. PC fails to boot up

PC fails to boot up: My laptop currently will not boot up at all. It's an Asus Notebook PC, running the latest version of Windows as of at least 10/09/19. When it attempts to boot, it'll BSOD with the error message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED then restart and run Automatic Repair with the a message...
  10. First boot fails to boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot fails to boot up: I had this issue since day one. I figure I am in the right place and ask for the right answers. Pretty much every first boot after it being powered off for a while, it stays stuck on the splash screen. I would force a power off and restart it and it goes through with no...