Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there -- I've been having issues with my laptop being low on storage, despite having 6GB of files, and the drivers failing so it was suggested I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amy C0290, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Amy C0290 Win User

Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot

Hi there -- I've been having issues with my laptop being low on storage, despite having 6GB of files, and the drivers failing so it was suggested I wipe it clean and reset it. I followed the instructions I found to remove all the files and start from scratch. It looks like the computer is almost ready to go and gets to the screen that asks for the basics - country, language, keyboard and timezone. When I click next I keep getting the following screen:

Why did my PC restart?

There's a problem keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again. Here's how to get the update....

I follow the steps to make sure it's plugged in and connected to WIFI but the screen just keeps saying Just a Moment and then starting the process all over again.

Any help appreciated because its the one I use for work and is completely out of use now.

:)

Amy C0290, Apr 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop failing to reboot - Similar Threads - laptop failing reboot

2. Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in reboot loop on windows 10: Hi!This morning I opened my laptop and it froze, so I forced shut it down by holding the power button.I pressed the power button again to start it up but it’s stuck in a restart/reboot loop. Just acer screen -> preparing to configure windows do not restart -> restarting.I’ve...
  3. Blue screen of death and failed reboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death and failed reboot on windows 10: I was playing a game and talking to my freinds on discord when my pc got the blue screen and attempted to restart. The problem is that the rebooting is failing. Or so i am brought to believe. I have attempted to reboot 7 times as of writing this message and none have been...
  4. Blue screen of death and failed reboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death and failed reboot on windows 10: I was playing a game and talking to my freinds on discord when my pc got the blue screen and attempted to restart. The problem is that the rebooting is failing. Or so i am brought to believe. I have attempted to reboot 7 times as of writing this message and none have been...
  5. Blue screen of death and failed reboot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop: After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a warning message Saying to connect my PC, connect to WiFi, etc., which I do, but, when I...
  7. Windows 10 update fails and reboots every night

Windows 10 update fails and reboots every night: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I have a Windows 10 desktop and for the past couple of months, my computer has rebooted every night trying to update what seems like version 20H2. below is the image of my windows update dialog box that has been there every day after the attempted...
  8. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting: Hi I attempted a Windows update yesterday, the update failed and now the laptop is stuck in a loop of briefly saying 'undoing changes' and rebooting. I cannot access safe mode, tried F8, tried hard resetting 3 times. Tried hard reset 20 seconds and leaving for 10. I have...
  9. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot: In the last 2 weeks I have had to fully reinstall Windows 10 x 5 times after failures that seem linked to the latest Windows update. The PC is telling me updates are installed, and should update and restart. When I do, the laptop fails to restart Windows; the siwlring...
  10. windows failed to reboot

windows failed to reboot: windows failed to reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-reboot/df51d1c0-488f-474b-bc16-c80f5f3b9d02