Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sandycroft7, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to boot into Windows 10. In the "Advanced" Trobleshooting section I tried to restore to a previous restore point, (but this was not successful), as well as "Startup Repair" (Also not successful). I also tried "Go Back to a Previous Version" but this was not possible as I received the following message. "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead. (Troubleshoot-Reset this PC)"

I then entered into a Cmd prompt and, overnight, ran a chkdsk c: /f /r

However this eventually returned a "No Bad Sectors" result.

I then ran a;

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

This gave;

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir/Logs/CBS.log

For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE Flag"

As I was not sure what Drive my Windows 10 was installed on, I also did the following command;

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows

This gave; "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Unfortunately I cannot find any Recovery Disks or Pen Drive material, (perhaps I forgot and did not make them on acquiring my Laptop?), but I am certain that this issue occurred after an automatic Windows 10 update on 17/18 Jan.

What are my options now? Is there some other suggestion that you can make to hopefully resolve the problem? How can I obtain some Recovery Disks or similar Pen Drive material

Thanks

:)

Sandycroft7, Jan 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 20, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    RCoon, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

1. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve - Similar Threads - Laptop fails boot

2. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  3. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.: I’m a teenager and while I have a higher understanding than most, you’re gonna need to cut back on the lingo I probably won’t know, to make this a little easier for me. My pc has had problems for a while, I’ll be honest, most of the time when I turn it on it runs the...
  4. Windows 10 laptop repeatedly failing to boot. Stuck on the automatic repair window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Automatic repair failed after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair failed after update: So I had a windows update last night and installed it. When I restarted my computer it went to the blue screen and said bad system config info. I tried everything to repair. I tried startup repair, which failed, I tried all the command prompt stuff from videos and failed,...
  6. Automatic repair failed after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair failed after update: So I had a windows update last night and installed it. When I restarted my computer it went to the blue screen and said bad system config info. I tried everything to repair. I tried startup repair, which failed, I tried all the command prompt stuff from videos and failed,...
  7. Acer laptop fails to boot after automatic Windows update.

Acer laptop fails to boot after automatic Windows update.: I have an Acer Aspire 4752G laptop, with Windows 10 correctly installed. Yesterday 14 December 2020 after an automatic Windows update, my laptop fails to boot. It get stuck on the Acer startup screen. I am unable to enter Setup F2 or change the boot device F12. I have...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot

Windows 10 Laptop failing Automatic Repair on boot: This randomly happened to me after I held down the power button to turn off my PC. When I restart, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing your PC" until it comes up with the advanced options stuff. Resetting the PC fails, and so does other repair methods, so I'm...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop does not start after Automatic Update and Auto Repair can not be resolved

Windows 10 Laptop does not start after Automatic Update and Auto Repair can not be resolved: The Ideapad 310-151sk of my Windows 10 Lenovo can not start after a scheduled automatic update from Microsoft. All I get now is the "Auto Repair" screen. However, even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still does not start in Windows 10. In the...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve

Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...