Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop is freezing with buzzing noise and cursor is not moving but no blue screen of death appears. It's so annoying, because my school files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Klasky678, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Klasky678 Win User

Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

Hi. My laptop is freezing with buzzing noise and cursor is not moving but no blue screen of death appears. It's so annoying, because my school files are there. After 1 minute, my laptop screen turned black and restarted. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or is it because of my HDD?

:)

Klasky678, Oct 2, 2022
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2022
  4. Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

Multiple 0x0000009c BSODs on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop

Symptoms:
    • Windows 10 Pro BSODs randomly (after freezing). I have almost 12 identical dumps (attached).
    • There seems to be no pattern to it but sometimes it happens when the machine is idle.
    • The machine just hangs and then eventually reboots -- most of the time I don't even see a BSOD screen, it just goes from a frozen screen to reboot and the dump is generated.

Steps Taken With No Success:
    • Ran full memtest with no issues.
    • Clean Windows reinstall.
    • Changed from HDD to Crucial SSD.
    • Updated BIOS and drivers to what I think are the latest (manufacturer website).

Important System Characteristics:
    • Lenovo Z70 laptop with dual Intel 5500 and nVidia GeForce 840M graphics cards
    • Virtualization technology is turned on in BIOS in order to run virtual machines
    • The BSODs stopped for a good while and then started up again quite frequently lately. I haven't been able to pinpoint any changes in how I use the machine.

Most of the dumps seem to point to intelppm.sys --I'm not sure where to go from here.I have attached the output of the information DM log collector. I have gone through all the files and sanitized them to remove any sensitive personal information (according to me) but that shouldn't affect the integrity of the information.

chessoriginal, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

1. Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD - Similar Threads - laptop freezes BSOD

2. Laptop freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing and BSOD: My laptop started freezing up recently and I had to force a power off. It happened two times. Yesterday I updated drivers marked as critical from the manufacturer website and today the laptop got a BSOD.Here is the event log entry: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  3. Laptop freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing and BSOD: My laptop started freezing up recently and I had to force a power off. It happened two times. Yesterday I updated drivers marked as critical from the manufacturer website and today the laptop got a BSOD.Here is the event log entry: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  4. Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD: Hi. My laptop is freezing with buzzing noise and cursor is not moving but no blue screen of death appears. It's so annoying, because my school files are there. After 1 minute, my laptop screen turned black and restarted. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or is it because of my...
  5. Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop freezes but no BSOD: Hi. My laptop is freezing with buzzing noise and cursor is not moving but no blue screen of death appears. It's so annoying, because my school files are there. After 1 minute, my laptop screen turned black and restarted. Does anyone know how to fix it? Or is it because of my...
  6. Bsod and laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and laptop freezes: From a couple of weeks laptop is getting bsod errors or freezes after some time from start up. Reseted windows but the problem still persists. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-and-laptop-freezes/eb769515-c324-4862-909c-84907904c6a7
  7. Bsod and laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod and laptop freezes: From a couple of weeks laptop is getting bsod errors or freezes after some time from start up. Reseted windows but the problem still persists. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-and-laptop-freezes/eb769515-c324-4862-909c-84907904c6a7
  8. Bsod and laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Laptop freezes, no bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes, no bsod: Hello, my windows 10 laptop has been freezing a lot recently and requires me to hard restart it. I've had this problem in May but it went away and came back the beginning of this month, I have tried resetting the pc back to factory new and had no luck....
  10. Laptop Freezing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezing Windows 10: My laptop has been crashing/freezing daily for at least 3 weeks now, I've reset it and the crashes still occur. It seems to happen when chrome is open and it can crash after a hour or not crash all day. I've tried to fix it myself but nothing I do is working any help would be...