Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having this problem on my HP Pavilion g6 with Windows 10 and HP support couldn't help me. I installed an app and as soon as I opened it my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by awkwardartist82, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour

I'm having this problem on my HP Pavilion g6 with Windows 10 and HP support couldn't help me. I installed an app and as soon as I opened it my screen froze. My screen has been frozen for over an hour, and I've tried everything to fix the problem but nothing is working. As I mentioned earlier, I contacted HP support already, but not even advanced support could fix it. Since the laptop is fairly old, it freezes often, but it's never been frozen for an hour before. Please help!

:)

awkwardartist82, May 3, 2020

2. Borderlands freezes and thaws

I'm positive the steps I took above fixed it. I went through 10 rounds in the underdome (well over an hour of gameplay) without a single freeze. Previously, I couldn't play 15 minutes without at least one freeze.

FordGT90Concept, May 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour

laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour

1. Windows 10 laptop freezing for over an hour - Similar Threads - laptop freezing hour

2. Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install stuck at 5% for over 24 hours: The PC in question is an HP 310t, two reformatted 500gb HDD running RAID1. I've already taken all the ram out except for one 4gb stick in the second dimm channel. All other drives that could possibly be interfering have been removed and boot priority has been set to the usb...
  3. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  4. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  5. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Resetting Windows 10 laptop for over 24 hours: Hello! I have been factory resetting my laptop, but it has taken about 26 hours so far. It has been stuck on 68% for about 14 hours. Everything was already backed up onto an external drive, so losing files is not an issue as I told windows to clean the drives too. I...
  7. Updates running for over an hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates running for over an hour: I booted my other laptop which I have not used for two months and checked for updates. It immediately started downloading updates and, I assume, installing them. It has been running for over an hour and the h/d light is still blinking steadily, so something is still going on....
  8. Update taking over an hour?

Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours: So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on it in the morning around 8:30 and it stuck on 91%, now it was 11:45am and it was still stuck on 91%, can someone guy me any...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on bootup for over 3 hours: I was using my Asus F551M laptop 2.1 Ghz running Windows 10 one day and all of sudden it stalled. I restarted and then the problems started. Bootup took about 20 minutes and once back to desktop each keystroke took up to 5 mins to complete I quickly realized there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp dv6 pavilion hangs during shutdown