Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Revelations14, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it.

I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes.

In power options, I have it set to sleep in 20 minutes when it's plugged in.

I honestly can't figure it out, and it does this when plugged in, or on battery.

Any advice?

:)

Revelations14, May 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep after 2 to 3 minutes

I have a similar problem with a laptop running Windows 10, except that it goes to sleep after 2 to 3 minutes. All of the power and sleep options are set to default option which is at least 15 minutes, and the computer is always under AC power.

HowardHerman1, May 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 5, 2019
  4. BDH
    BDH Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce

Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

1. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop Goes Sleep

2. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  3. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  4. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  7. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  8. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...
  9. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command: I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help. Thanks, Mike 78669
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...