Windows 10: Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing

Discus and support Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Everything works fine for every function on the laptop that doesn't involve the keyboard (videos, music, file moving, non-keyboard gaming, etc.) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JerrySteinhelper1, May 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing

Everything works fine for every function on the laptop that doesn't involve the keyboard (videos, music, file moving, non-keyboard gaming, etc.) but type anywhere from 1 to (maybe at max) 25 keystrokes and the screen goes black and into sleep. Wait a minute and I can wake it back up but if I dare type again - ugh.

I have rebooted. I have checked all my power/sleep options. Someone please help.

:)

JerrySteinhelper1, May 29, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

Hi Teri,

Conflicts with the screensaver settings is one of the possible reasons why your laptop goes to sleep quickly. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, May 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing

Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

My HP Laptop w/ Windows 10 goes to SLEEP mode within a minute.

I have tried changing the settings and I have tried troubleshooting.

and a few other silly suggestions found on line. Nothing works!

Very frustrating. Has anyone found an actual solution?

TeriHardin, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing

1. Windows 10 - Laptop goes to sleep while typing - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleep

2. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep and ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep and ...: This laptop has the most different way of going to sleep. It will do just that, go to sleep but in 10.0336 seconds, it will wake up and after the allotted minutes, go back to sleep and remain that way till I get nasty and wake it up from a most comfortable nap. Wake Timers...
  4. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  5. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  6. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Laptop goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly 1. I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color 5 fast flashes. Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  8. PC goes to sleep while browsing and streaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC goes to sleep while browsing and streaming on Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 version 1903. Whenever i watch youtube or browse something using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge my screen goes black and goes to sleep. I am facing this issue from the Windows 10 version 1803. I updated to latest version so that it may fix the problem...
  9. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 goes to sleep while typing

2. acer goes to sleep while typing

3. laptop goes to sleep while typing

4. windows 10 sleeps while typing,
  5. frequent laptop sleep while typing