Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop having issues

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop having issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had a strange issue with my laptop recently. It's an HP Pavillion that I bought 11 months ago. This seemed like the best category to post the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Bilka, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop having issues

I've had a strange issue with my laptop recently. It's an HP Pavillion that I bought 11 months ago. This seemed like the best category to post the problem.

On rare occasions, Windows Media Player won't start. Usually, restarting the computer resolves the issue.

Lately, that doesn't seem to work all the time. When I shut off the laptop, it takes a couple minutes to shut off when the screen goes black instead of the five to ten seconds it usually takes. The next time I start it up, the screen stays black when it should be showing the latest picture for the login screen. I have to hold the power button to shut it off. It works normally the next time I start it up.

The strange part is that this issue happened Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of last week and yesterday as well. It happened twice yesterday with the first time being different. I was using Google Chrome and pages weren't loading, as if the Wi-Fi was disconnected. I thought it could be the same issue and checked Windows Media Player. When that wouldn't start, I knew it was the same problem.

I've run multiple virus scans and didn't find anything. I'm not sure what the problem is. Everything is up to date.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

Michael Bilka, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 laptop having issues

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop having issues

1. Windows 10 laptop having issues - Similar Threads - laptop having issues

2. Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop: I have installed window 11 in my company laptop, but not working properly. Whats the problem and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issue-in-window-11-on-my-laptop/979f3127-555f-4ca2-a3b2-dafd7b00eaf7
  3. Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop: I have installed window 11 in my company laptop, but not working properly. Whats the problem and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issue-in-window-11-on-my-laptop/979f3127-555f-4ca2-a3b2-dafd7b00eaf7
  4. Having issue with mute/unmute of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issue with mute/unmute of laptop: After a reboot, I can click on the speaker in the system tray and successfully mute/unmute my Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop running Windows 11 up-to-date. After a day or two, clicking on the speaker in the system tray has NO affect on the mute/unmute status. At this point, I can...
  5. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  6. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  7. Laptop speaker having sound issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speaker having sound issue: Split from this thread. hello sir i have issue with my speaker of laptop having pop up sound issue.plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-speaker-having-sound-issue/4f671d48-fe59-4a23-85e8-a06d2dc8c50e
  8. Issues On Windows 10 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues On Windows 10 Laptop.: [IMG]Hi, Everytime i go Onto my laptop i get this pop-up on all apps that are owned by micrsoft/xbox, saying i have no internet when i clearly do, i have full Connection. Its annyoing because i need to use apps that are owned by Microsoft like Onedrive, Xbox app, Xbox...
  9. Having issues post ssd upgrade on my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having issues post ssd upgrade on my Windows 10 laptop: I recently cloned my hard drive to a ssd on my Asus Q304U laptop that i running Windows 10. After replacing the hard drive to the ssd, I am directly taken to the boot screen. Under Boot options, I do not have any source listed. I swapped the ssd with hard drive to see if...
  10. Having an issue on a Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue on a Windows 10 Laptop: So last night I held down control c for too long and now chrome, the search bar window, and the start window are really small. I have no idea what to do. submitted by /u/MycMondays [link] [comments]...