Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The USB controllers work without any problem when plugged in the laptop but when I plug 4 controllers at once using a hub, my Windows 10 laptop isn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stacy Sabelman, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub

The USB controllers work without any problem when plugged in the laptop but when I plug 4 controllers at once using a hub, my Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect them.

:)

Stacy Sabelman, Mar 24, 2019

2. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?

AlexandreChamberland Labbé, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Does the hub work on a different computer?
    • Do you see any error in the device manager when the hub is connected?

If the USB hub works fine on a different computer, I suggest you to try the methods listed below:

Method 1

Disable and enable the USB root hub:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
      tree, and
      uninstall all the instances of ‘Generic USB Hub’ and ‘USB Root Hub.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 2

Disable Selective Suspend feature:

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      ‘Power Options’. Click ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’.

Method 3

Update BIOS and Chipset driver:

It is essential to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers for optimal USB performance and to resolve common USB related issues. You may get in touch with your PC manufacturer to get them updated.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub

1. Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub - Similar Threads - laptop isn’t able

2. Windows 10 laptop unable to detect my USB type-C hub correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop unable to detect my USB type-C hub correctly: I've got a USB type-C hub and it looks like this I was able to use external monitors on my laptop laptop A by connecting them to the HDMI interfaces on the hub. However recently it stopped working.The strange thing is: I can use the hub properly on another laptop laptop B, so...
  3. Windows 10 laptop unable to detect my USB type-C hub correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop unable to detect my USB type-C hub correctly: I've got a USB type-C hub and it looks like this I was able to use external monitors on my laptop laptop A by connecting them to the HDMI interfaces on the hub. However recently it stopped working.The strange thing is: I can use the hub properly on another laptop laptop B, so...
  4. Windows 10 laptop unable to detect my USB type-C hub correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Micro USB hub is not detecting display

Micro USB hub is not detecting display: I have a micro usb hub that has been great for me thus far. I just got a new laptop with windows 10 and now it won't detect my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-usb-hub-is-not-detecting-display/e367e86c-9122-4bb9-91d0-b1f9b7d80f0c
  6. USB HUB detection & relevant issue

USB HUB detection & relevant issue: I am facing a very peculiar issue with Windows 10. I have two laptops, HP & ACER make & both are using Windows 10. Everything with my HP laptop is just fine except one thing. I have a portable SSD drive which was connected to one of its USB 3.0 port for serval months....
  7. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  8. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  9. Trouble with using USB Hub

Trouble with using USB Hub: I recently updated to Version 1607 and I am having problems with USB devices, specifically with USB Hubs.* Upon startup I get a message that the recently installed USB device was not recognized.* I go to Device Manager and find that there is a*yellow triangle next to one of...
  10. Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller

Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller: Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller Winver 1703 15063.332 Solution: Remove W10 driver & install Renesas driver ( Windows Creative Upgrade had replaced 3.0.23.0 driver with its own.) Problem being - When creating a Recovery USB drive, the process would not complete with...