Windows 10: Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

Discus and support Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a time now, when I am playing and ONLY when I am playing, my laptop jumps from being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JesusJF, Mar 31, 2023.

1. JesusJF Win User

Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a time now, when I am playing and ONLY when I am playing, my laptop jumps from being plugged in to "Battery" to "Plugged In" on its own, and sometimes it does it several times consecutively. It only last one moment but I cannot ignore it because it displays icons "Battery" and "Plugged In" in the middle of the screen and a notification in the corner sometimes and it minimizes the game. Because it only happens when I am playing videogames, it makes me think that it has to be a software problem, not hardware.Before posting this q

:)

JesusJF, Mar 31, 2023

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 31, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

windows 10 battery plugged in not charging (acer v11 touch)

Hello,

We appreciate that you already performed troubleshooting. On the other hand, we will be providing steps that seems to be the same with what you have done but with tweaks.

If ever you encounter case wherein the laptop is plugged in but is not charging, we suggest that you try the following:

• Disconnect the laptop’s power cable from the outlet/power source and laptop.
    • Turn off the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reconnect the laptop’s power cable to the laptop then to the outlet/power source.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Uninstall device of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cable.
    • Insert the battery.
    • Reconnect the power cable.
    • Power on the laptop. Windows would then reinstall driver automatically.

In case that the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help, our next step is update the driver if there is available update. You just have to go back to
    Device Manager > Batteries > Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software.

Let me know if this works for you.

JohnMel And, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

1. Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own - Similar Threads - Laptop jumps Battery

2. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  3. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging: I always power on my laptop while its battery is 100% and plugged in too.so, after using my laptop for about 2 hours suddenly its battery jumps from 100% to 93% Even it was 100% and plugged in and the AC Adapter is correctly plugged in. why?I ran a power troubleshooter a lot...
  4. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging: I always power on my laptop while its battery is 100% and plugged in too.so, after using my laptop for about 2 hours suddenly its battery jumps from 100% to 93% Even it was 100% and plugged in and the AC Adapter is correctly plugged in. why?I ran a power troubleshooter a lot...
  5. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My Laptop's battery jumps from 100% to 93% even its plugged in and charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a time now, when I am playing and ONLY when I am playing, my laptop jumps from being plugged in to "Battery" to "Plugged In" on its own, and sometimes it does it several times consecutively. It only last one...
  10. Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Laptop jumps to "Battery" to "Plug In" and back on its own: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a time now, when I am playing and ONLY when I am playing, my laptop jumps from being plugged in to "Battery" to "Plugged In" on its own, and sometimes it does it several times consecutively. It only last one...