Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop keeps locking itself. Please HELP!

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop keeps locking itself. Please HELP! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. i have a Acer laptop running window 10 and when i leave the laptop unattended for 2 minutes it closes all the apps and programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lynne, Feb 15, 2021.

1. lynne Win User

Windows 10 Laptop keeps locking itself. Please HELP!

Hello everyone. i have a Acer laptop running window 10 and when i leave the laptop unattended for 2 minutes it closes all the apps and programs and lock itself. i Really do NOT know why. i tried looking at dynamic lock and its not that settings it is not enabled.

:)

lynne, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 Lock Function

We appreciate you for getting back to us. We suggest that you start your laptop in safe mode, lock your laptop, and check if you will experience this issue. For steps on how to start in safe mode, kindly refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

While in safe mode, we recommend that you use the Check Disk tool to find and fix errors with your hard drive. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the results.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, type CHKDSK C: /f and press Enter.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Laptop keeps locking itself. Please HELP! - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps locking

2. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  3. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help: I have attempted every troubleshooting method I can find multiple times and have found no solution. I've tried to update drivers, ended svc.hosts, ran multiple malware detection programs none of which found anything, changed advanced microphone settings as instructed,...
  4. Microphone still keeps muting itself - Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  6. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  7. The screen keeps locking itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The screen keeps locking itself: My laptop will suddenly lock itself after my battery turn to 60%..please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-keeps-locking-itself/1d2280e2-5d46-45de-ac30-441494fd27b2
  8. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!: Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  9. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  10. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up: My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and...