Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple days ago, my windows 10 laptop had run out of battery- it had lots of files and downloads, so after I charged it and turned it back on-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gum_Blue, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Gum_Blue Win User

Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

A couple days ago, my windows 10 laptop had run out of battery- it had lots of files and downloads, so after I charged it and turned it back on- Everything was gone. It was reduced to only 3 apps file explorer, microsoft store, and mail even though it had more like google, sketchbook, and yes- Among us. When I go to my files, all the large list of stuff I had in my downloads folder, and all the other folders were completely empty. However, when I would search for them on the search bar that's on the bottom left of the screen next to the windows logo, their names would show up, as if they w

:)

Gum_Blue, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Dano 00TA Win User

Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Apr 22, 2022
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Laptop Battery

You might have to re-calibrate the battery, some times the option is in the bios, or an application in windows. another way is to talk the battery out of the laptop and leave it out 10-15 mins, this usually reset the the internal power manager.

4. Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

1. Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery - Similar Threads - laptop keeps resetting

2. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  3. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  4. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery: A couple days ago, my windows 10 laptop had run out of battery- it had lots of files and downloads, so after I charged it and turned it back on- Everything was gone. It was reduced to only 3 apps file explorer, microsoft store, and mail even though it had more like google,...
  6. Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery

Windows 10 laptop keeps "resetting", vanishing apps and files every time it runs out of battery: A couple days ago, my windows 10 laptop had run out of battery- it had lots of files and downloads, so after I charged it and turned it back on- Everything was gone. It was reduced to only 3 apps file explorer, microsoft store, and mail even though it had more like google,...
  7. My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device: My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device When I unplug the charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-keeps-running-out-its-a-toshiba/30087e74-16eb-4516-95f1-54f3aa830e83
  8. My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device

My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device: My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device When I unplug the charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-battery-keeps-running-out-its-a-toshiba/30087e74-16eb-4516-95f1-54f3aa830e83
  9. My laptop battery keeps running out it’s a Toshiba device

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Default app will be reset every time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app will be reset every time: Hello dear friends, I tried many way(safe mode, set default app by right click on each file,...) but unfortunately every time after restart windows default apps change to default unfortunately I can't restore windows to original one because of many app that installed! So...